Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bulgaria v England (7:45 ITV)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bulgarian coach insisting his country doesn't have a racism problem when part of the stadium is already closed for previous racism! Trumpism is spreading.

They’ve always been defensive ********s in such outposts of humanity. He said that the head of the English FA was in effect a liar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With all the hype about racist behaviour at this game from the English media which must have found its way to Bulgaria then this was always going to happen.So often as we all know the media stirs up trouble.

Bulgaria fans needed no encouragement from the media, British or otherwise, as they were already under sanctions from June.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Eastern Europe does not have the same population of black people that for example we and France have.They are ignorant and racist.I remember the Euros held in Poland and I believe Sol Campbell was told not to go there because of the abuse he might receive as they are just not use to black people over there.The Poles actually call us racist because of Brexit.Hysterical.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe racist already yes and this kind of media attention makes you react.Then those who aren't even racist but monkey chant just to wind up the opposition.FFS.

If you think it is OK to monkey chant 'to wind up the opposition' or think all it takes to do that it a bit of media attention, I suggest you drag yourself into the 21st century.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
I don’t think the British media can be accused of whipping up this racism. The Bulgarians along with whole load of other country’s fans/people in general are overtly racist.

A visiting team containing black players, far superior to their shitty players, was inevitably going to face racism in the stadium. Whether the British media existed or not.

But I think you’re right that the hyped build up, overshadowing the football in fact, meant that every racist football goon in Sofia made sure that they were there.

Yes probably without the media hype something would have happened.We don't know for sure but the media didn't help.I'm sure not EVERY team that plays against Bulgaria which has black players is subjected to racist abuse so we can't say for sure whether or not the media created this situation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am hoping Uefa come down hard soon.....and that it is Italy caught in the headlights. The nation with no gay people and, of course no racism. I'd laugh a bit :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It wasn't too long ago our mainstream media was being criticised for their borderline racist treatment of Raheem Sterling, now they are being blamed for stirring up trouble for the Bulgarian neo-nazis.
Those lovable rogues in Fleet Street just can't win.

Those trying to , in some way , defend the Bulgarian ultras, by blaming the British press for stirring up trouble, hype and hyperbole, you do realise that ome stand was shut tonight because of a previous incident of racism during a European qualifier? I don't believe the British media had anything to do with that incident, so, what was the excuse for the Bulgarian master race that time?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes probably without the media hype something would have happened.We don't know for sure but the media didn't help.I'm sure not EVERY team that plays against Bulgaria which has black players is subjected to racist abuse so we can't say for sure whether or not the media created this situation.

Deluded bollocks. You'll be telling us next we can't be sure the Russians killed Александр Литвиненко

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It wasn't too long ago our mainstream media was being criticised for their borderline racist treatment of Raheem Sterling, now they are being blamed for stirring up trouble for the Bulgarian neo-nazis.

Those trying to , in some way , defend the Bulgarian ultras, by blaming the British press for stirring up trouble, hype and hyperbole, you do realise that ome stand was shut tonight because of a previous incident of racism during a European qualifier? I don't believe the British media had anything to do with that incident, so, what was the excuse for the Bulgarian master race that time?

You are wasting your breath, mate.

Next he'll be invoking contributory negligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i47NAtcxEc

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe racist already yes and this kind of media attention makes you react.Then those who aren't even racist but monkey chant just to wind up the opposition.FFS.

'Monkey chants just to wind up the opposition'

Go directly to 1982. If you Pass Go collect an NF membership.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Neil Custis of The Sun, I think he’s a decent football hack, put up a good defence when the shite-stirring Radio5 presenter 30 minutes tried to liken the media’s treatment of Sterling to the Bulgarians tonight. He was adamant that his newspaper’s past criticism of Sterling was not racist, they that had treated other England players with life or football form issues such as Rooney exactly the same.

I do agree with him.

It was an unnecessary and a cheap diversion in the interview, just an hour after the Bulgarians had subjected black England players to disgusting behaviour.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you can't see at who's door tonight display of racism lies at, I seriously think you have a racist problem yourself.
90% of tonight s bigotry was down to Sofias Hitler youth, and 10% down to the football's federations wilfully ignoring the problem, or punishing it with derisory sanctions. It has encouraged the far right into believing it's acceptable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With a name like that who could blame them?

Don't be a tit. He's the bloke poisoned with polonium. Or 'fake news' as Putin would have it.

Putin, another leader who turns a blind eye to nazis when it suits him. Overseas, yes, at our nice world cup, no. And 'yes sir, Mr Putin, sir' drom the black-clad clowns. Conservative (small c) wimps.

The thing about Eastern European Nazis is they will follow the party line, when the leader is strong.

Tonight was just a laugh for their little band of followers. I trust that DF had some good ***** over it. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here