Buckley & lualua

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
BUT GUS DIDN'T SAY THEY WERE FIT! ffs

dont shout.

My comment was said tongue in cheek.

Calm down fella.

(He did suggest that one of them would be fit and that Bruno was now training with the squad!!)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would have one or both on the bench along with Vicente and Barker. Keep the same team apart from TK for Ankegren. Might seem harsh but I''d feel more comfortable with the Pole in Goal!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Apols. Seems some in the thread took my point to be that Sky said they were fit, therefore they are. I was (as you know) saying that it was Sky and not Gus, therefore why do people keep trotting out this old line about "Gus never tells the truth about injuries". Why should he!!

I think he said that Kaz was ahead of Buckley - and that Bruno trained yesterday. He didn't say that one of them was fit.

That's all - I think I'm a bit nervous about tonight! Already considering setting off but would be four hours early meeting my lift!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well Ruggers, it wasn't Gus that said they were fit in that report, it was Sky. The Argus quotes Gus and he is far from unequivocal. He says they are improving and that Kaz is doing better than "Buckers". He does say that TK is fit to play, but that doesn't mean he will.

If I was Gus, I'd be keeping the manager of Alex Ferguson's loanees guessing too, esp given the injury to Little.

OK, assumed they were quoting someone ... agree unless it's a long term injury (CMSesque) then don't give anything away, indeed go out and say both KLL and Buckley are defo starters and leave them with a selection problem (not that Posh worry about their defence, such that it is)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Apols. Seems some in the thread took my point to be that Sky said they were fit, therefore they are. I was (as you know) saying that it was Sky and not Gus, therefore why do people keep trotting out this old line about "Gus never tells the truth about injuries". Why should he!!

I think he said that Kaz was ahead of Buckley - and that Bruno trained yesterday. He didn't say that one of them was fit.

That's all - I think I'm a bit nervous about tonight! Already considering setting off but would be four hours early meeting my lift!

No need to apologise, my nerves are already going, in fact just had a row at work over a cup of coffee. never before has that happend and can only put it down to tonights game!!

Go early and find a pub!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
IF they're fit, I'd bench them. I don't see a reason why we should change the team that did such a good job on the weekend. Peterborough have goals in them and their form against the better clubs in this league is incredible. For that reason I'd set up the same, relatively defensive way. If we feel like the games for the taking, then sticking KLL on the hour mark would no doubt put the fear of God into their fullbacks.

For me tonight is about not losing and making sure Ulloa isn't injured. If Bridcutt wanted to avoid a booking that'd be ace also.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think this is going to be a tough game, Peterborough are scrapping to remain up. Same team as boro, however, I would bench Buckley and KLL simply because they can add a different style if we need to change things up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both in the gymn this morning in Brighton so doubt they are travelling according to my snout

Oh and I saw the whole Everton team strolling outside Marylebone around 90 minutes ago, Fellaini is not tall !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can't get 2 more different sides than Middlesbrough and Peterborough.

Middlesbrough like to soak up pressure and play on the counter. They're not comfortable coming forward and Gus got his tactics spot on. That was the sort of the game where the first goal is key. Tonight's game is different in that Posh need to win and they believe they can score goals and beat the top sides in this division. As is well documented, we don't tend to come back from going a goal down, but then this is precisely the sort of game you can see us winning after going 1-0 down.

Orlandi, Spanish and Hammond did OK against Boro. I'd be inclined to start all of them with Bridcutt, Ulloa and KLL; I see their right-back Mark Little is likely to miss the game so Kaz might have some joy down our left hand side.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh OK - thought wrongly he was back tonight.
It's possible, I'm just saying that we knew (ish) they weren't playing at the weekend even though SSN said they were fit. It depends if they've got a source that seen them train, as opposed to whatever the club tells everyone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Middlesbrough like to soak up pressure and play on the counter. They're not comfortable coming forward and Gus got his tactics spot on. That was the sort of the game where the first goal is key. Tonight's game is different in that Posh need to win and they believe they can score goals
Indeed, so if Posh come out attacking, it would be nice to have some pace to hit them with. With CMS out it'll be a pian if Buckley is out too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here