Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Buckley & Bridcutt

Would you want Buckley & Bridcutt back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But you are imagining a Buckley who does not spend at least two-thirds of the season on crutches. That player no longer exists.

Harsh I think he just tends to limp a bit, not sure he needs crutches very often

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It would be great to have a fully-fit Buckley with the ball at his feet running at the opposition. But I can't help but remember away at Blackpool wincing when he stretched his legs waiting for the hamstrings to go. I am not sure the fully-fit version exists.

Do you remember the Watford reaction to his sale - "great player, but you'll never see him". And that is how it panned out.

Bridcutt ? I loved little Liam - but we have a better player - Kayam - and a better prospect - Ince. I think he would be ok, but I am not sure we need him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Pointless threads about pointless ex players dear o dear....We will never take these types back and thankfully we have a chairman who's not as stupid as many of our fans.You can be sure bloom will never take these two idiots back and rightly so.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pointless threads about pointless ex players dear o dear....We will never take these types back and thankfully we have a chairman who's not as stupid as many of our fans.You can be sure bloom will never take these two idiots back and rightly so.

Like Bennett and Crofts.....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Like Bennett and Crofts.....
Do you recall those two refusing to play because they wasn't in the right frame of mind?
Those two Pillocks took the club for a ride while we paid their wages...just as well we mugged Sunderland because both are restricted...Buckley did fack all for nearly two years while bridcutt was very good with 7 defensive players around him and will be found out in another system.

Also I don't rate Bennett or crofts nowadays anyway...crofts offers very little and Bennett seems to be going backwards and is injured a lot.
Forget the past and think of the future :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...rland-suffering-due-buckleys-extended-8822226

From March:

Gus Poyet believes Will Buckley’s continuing absence has hampered Sunderland’s Premier League progress.

Winger Buckley has been out of action for almost two months due to a knee injury, and remains sidelined for this weekend’s crucial game against fellow strugglers Aston Villa at the Stadium of Light.

Poyet is convinced that Buckley - who played under him at Brighton, before joining the Black Cats last summer in a £2.5m deal - has a big part to play on Wearside, but so far injuries have restricted the 25-year-old to just eight Premier League starts.

Buckley’s last outing came against Fulham in the FA Cup at the end of January, but he has not started a game since New Year’s Day and has played a total of less than 80 minutes’ league action in 2015.

Made 9 league starts last season, played 90 minutes four times.

Fair enough, my bad, he had a knee injury for 2 months but played in 22 Prem matches. At least it wasn't his hamstrings. He was fit and available for the final month. Just about to turn 27 - I fancy he'll sign for Burnley.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Game On

Information

Buckley is on a basic £15K a week and now had a knee injury.
Clubs will want to take him on loan so a transfer bid would be successful. We have saved £750K in wages and would be a £1 million to the good in transfer profit.

I think a big problem will be the hamstrings in training. I don't think he will able to play at full speed in practice and just hope he could hack in the games.

I don't think there are many alternatives ??? The equally injury prone Carayol? Buckley has potential. I would hate him playing against us on form.

As for Bridcutt. I don't think a right footed midfielder that doesn't score is a priority. I don't think Bridcutt has got enough in his physical attributes to be worth it. He has already been replaced whereas Buckley hasn't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt would help the defence to concede even less goals and allow Kayal to push on forward when he is given the ball, with Stephens, but also he could break up play before it gets to our penalty box and Bridcutt. Ince should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Bridcutt; he has tremendous potential but at the moment not the ability so for me Bridcutt definitely.

We do not have a player of taking on the full backs wide so again Buckley is Yes. What we dont want is Baldock and Colunga playing wide like last season, which caused a lot of our goal scoring problems.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bridcutt would help the defence to concede even less goals and allow Kayal to push on forward when he is given the ball, with Stephens, but also he could break up play before it gets to our penalty box and Bridcutt. Ince should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Bridcutt; he has tremendous potential but at the moment not the ability so for me Bridcutt definitely.

We do not have a player of taking on the full backs wide so again Buckley is Yes. What we dont want is Baldock and Colunga playing wide like last season, which caused a lot of our goal scoring problems.

I think Bridcutt best value over Kayal would be his tendency (not sure of ability) to cover in defence and allowing a central defender to go forward. In all other respects I prefer Kayal. I do not see this as a priority position though, not until we get a right winger, second striker and central covering defender. Even then a left footed midfielder would be better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Both couldn't wait to get out of the door quick enough, Bridcutt more than Buckers so wouldn't want them back ... Peter O'Sullivan on the other hand

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Of all those mentioned in that article, I'd most like us to be after Steven Fletcher.

One of the biggest egos in a dressing room not short of them, despite the almost weekly proof of their uselessness last season.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I imagine Bridcutt will wait to see if Mr Poyet gets a new job soon before signing for anyone else, unless it's a really top offer and side. Derby were rumoured to be interested along with Sheffield Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here