Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckingham building new Molineux stand

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Apologies if fixtures, but just seen the feature on SSN about Wolves' new North Stand. Buckingham are building it, and gave us a mention. Wonder how many ideas Wolves have copied?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was watching the old Stand Cullis stand be demolished at the weekend. There is something very satisfying about watching a big building being demolished.

I'm still pissed off that they have painted our lovely blue fence Gold though.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
The new Molineux is impressive in some ways but pretty dull in others. I really like the ground as it was with the one stand dating back to the late 70's and the others finishing a masterplan that had been dreamt up years ago. This just looks a bit generic..

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
[MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] - it will take years.

The first end will be ready for 2012-13 season, although the bottom tier will be ready, without a roof for mid-September 2011.

The 'Steve Bull' side will begin development in 2013, if Wolves have the cash.

The 'South Bank end will then follow, again dependent on cash.

If they do the wholes stadium, it will be at least 2018 before they are finished.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

The first end will be ready for 2012-13 season, although the bottom tier will be ready, without a roof for mid-September 2011.

If they do the wholes stadium, it will be at least 2018 before they are finished.

I guess this is the problem with renovating an existing stadium while playing in it. They should just groundshare with West Brom for 18 months and get it all sorted.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Guess it won't be easy playing under those conditions but I guess preferable to a groundshare mentioned by Crodonilson. They still have 'home advantage' as such but under building site conditions for potentially 7 years is not a prospect.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
they even mention they did the un done mk dons ground

Was stadium:mk built to a low budget ? It will never be finished unless they can get more than 10k into the stadium on a regular basis.

I was watching the old Stand Cullis stand being demolished at the weekend. There is something very satisfying about watching a big building being demolished.
I think that statement brings out the 'vandal' within you. I feel just the opposite, in fact I despair about the current financial state of Premiership clubs that makes the destruction of this large, modern stand economical.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I guess this is the problem with renovating an existing stadium while playing in it. They should just groundshare with West Brom for 18 months and get it all sorted.

I think the reason for the 'modular' development of the stadium is finance. They can only afford to commit to one stand at a time.

[MENTION=5502]Nottseagull[/MENTION] I'm normally quite a placid person - so maybe it is my inner vandal!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I attended the game when the Stan Cullis stand was officially opened,it was a boring 0-0 draw (Wolves v Millwall ) Alex Rae aws sent off.
I have a couple of photos of the opening somewhere.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Steve Morgan and Jeff Moxey run Wolves with a refusasl to give them significant bank debt. Financially sounds like Brighton.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The opposite end was one of the best away ends I've been in. Two levels of concourse, even though it's only a one tier stand, TVs everywhere before most clubs started doing it. Only downside is that the entrance is opposite that horrible subway. I walked round the ring road from the station when I went (2004-05 season - I saw one of Michel's finest saves for the Albion).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
0,,10307~9727129,00.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That didn't take long to demolish. Was that the old kop end on the right of the picture?

images

Another shot....

WD4015863@MOLINEUX-06-GD-2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here