Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckey to Leeds

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't swap March for him either.

One trick pony who, now he's lost his pace, doesn't even have that one trick anymore.

See, perhaps harshly, I hesitated at March. He has a lot still to do to work his way into my affections.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
See, perhaps harshly, I hesitated at March. He has a lot still to do to work his way into my affections.

March has been in a bit of a JFC-esque situation recently. Perhaps played more than would be ideal for his age. With Manu and Murphy in I suspect we won't see as much of March in the starting line up now, probably for his own good. Got a lot of raw ability but his finishing has been poor.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Oh I totally agree that he's a significant way off, but just by virtue of his potential alone I'd keep him over Buckley. Especially considering the other options we've got.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Bottom line for me...I can't believe Poyet, Buckley and Bridcutt haven't each of them considered how much happier they might have been staying at the Amex. Because for sure they've not improved their CV's by leaving it.
As we stand now, I don't miss any of them. And would be delighted if next season we are in the Prem looking down on the three of them in the Championship.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bottom line for me...I can't believe Poyet, Buckley and Bridcutt haven't each of them considered how much happier they might have been staying at the Amex. Because for sure they've not improved their CV's by leaving it.
As we stand now, I don't miss any of them. And would be delighted if next season we are in the Prem looking down on the three of them in the Championship.

Yes I believe that they would, but it's a wonderful thing hindsight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Happier, maybe, but SOOOO much poorer. In the long run I doubt any of them will regret the decision for even a moment. Especially not Gus, we were much too Micky Mouse for him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The bottom line is greed. Had any of them done their homework they would have seen Sunderland as they are - a club rotten to the core.

Their recruitment is woeful, they've had a cabal of players wielding too much power to the detriment of the management, there's too many players passing through content to pick up a pay cheque and move on. If they stick with Advocaat they will surely go down - the only hope is getting Allardyce in quickly for a root and branch reform of the club.

As for Bridcutt and Buckley, they've got to pray that Poyet gets another job in England, and quick.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The only bottom line that matters is the one on their wage slips.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The bottom line is greed. Had any of them done their homework they would have seen Sunderland as they are - a club rotten to the core.

Their recruitment is woeful, they've had a cabal of players wielding too much power to the detriment of the management, there's too many players passing through content to pick up a pay cheque and move on. If they stick with Advocaat they will surely go down - the only hope is getting Allardyce in quickly for a root and branch reform of the club.

As for Bridcutt and Buckley, they've got to pray that Poyet gets another job in England, and quick.

This maybe the case but if you were a young player (or Gus ) and you had the chance of a life time play for Sunderland in the top Division of perhaps the best league in the world, when in your next game you could get a career threatening injury. Would you not jump at the chance, even leaving out the double your wages conundrum.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This maybe the case but if you were a young player (or Gus ) and you had the chance of a life time play for Sunderland in the top Division of perhaps the best league in the world, when in your next game you could get a career threatening injury. Would you not jump at the chance, even leaving out the double your wages conundrum.
Sunderland, chance of a lifetime?
A pint of what you have been drinking please.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And thankfully they didn't as the football is far more exciting now although we should be scoring more going by stats.
Anyway it's about money not happiness in football:facepalm:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They should have stuck with Di Canio. He may be a nutter but he identified the problems at the club - mainly a group of players that were taking the piss. He wanted them out but the board backed the players instead. PDC may not have sorted things out in the end but giving the players free rein was definitely the wrong thing to do. I reckon it's almost too late to sort out now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With regards to being in the Prem; for Poyet, Buckley and Bridcutt it was the only chance they will ever have, and good for their wallets too.

Hypothetically, if they had wanted to stay at the Albion I'm sure they'd still be here, and our squad would be all the better for it (on the basis that they take the place of Holla and March). In that case they'd have a decent shot of promotion with the Albion.

The bottom line is you can understand why they left us for Sunderland, particularly as Gus came calling, but Sunderland is a basket case club. Kaboul, Van Aanholt, O'Shea and Billy Jones has got to be one of the worst Prem defences ever assembled.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hypothetically, if they had wanted to stay at the Albion I'm sure they'd still be here, and our squad would be all the better for it (on the basis that they take the place of Holla and March). In that case they'd have a decent shot of promotion with the Albion.

The bottom line is you can understand why they left us for Sunderland, particularly as Gus came calling, but Sunderland is a basket case club. Kaboul, Van Aanholt, O'Shea and Billy Jones has got to be one of the worst Prem defences ever assembled.

You mean fighting for a place on the bench :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sadly (or not so) he'll miss the Boro game on Sunday. He seems to start well at a club before injuries and loss of form occur. A winning goal vs the smog monsters would have helped ease the bitterness towards him shown by some folk. Shame.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Our current crop of wingers (Lualua excepted) are a long way short of PL standard.

The only downside of Buckley I could see was his hamstrings might have reduced his running in training/practice. They are rested now.

We should have upped his wages and kept him in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here