"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
giphy.gif

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do a tour of Europe with my wife. Sadly it will be just me now perhaps some mates will come

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Been reading this forum for the last 20 years and I'm pretty sure having/had killing someone on your bucket list is certainly in the top 10 most batshit things going! Goodness.

Quite a few places I'd like to go but one that I doubt I'll ever tick off is Toykyo

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I had a massive expectation that I would die at 40, for absolutely no logical reason, I mean my parents both lived into their 90’s.

It’s very hard to explain, the feeling was utterly dominant. It made me utterly driven, I actually made a bucket list, although it wasn’t called that back then, in 1978.

I did them all bar one; I didn’t retire until I was 41.

I bitterly regret it now, looking back I can’t believe just how selfish I was to the detriment of my family.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I always wanted to walk from the most westerly point of the British mainland (BTW it's not Lands End) to the most easterly. Alas nowadays if I walk 200 yards I have to stop and rest to get my breath back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I always wanted to walk from the most westerly point of the British mainland (BTW it's not Lands End) to the most easterly. Alas nowadays if I walk 200 yards I have to stop and rest to get my breath back.

It’s the tip of the Ardnamurchan peninsula, isn’t it?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Never say never, but my overland from Europe to South Africa looks less likely as years tick by. Maybe once I've finished renovating my house in 202* it could happen. Maybe. Likewise, an overland to Asia.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Smoke dope, be a drop out, eat loads of Pizza, think all my generation are like me and generally being a knob

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Run the Marathon des Sables. I've done a lot of marathons and for a while this was a realistic ambition but injuries now mean it's never going to happen for me.

I've been getting a real fear recently of time running out. I'm in my late 40s and have so much I want to do that I won't consider yet I won't achieve, but at the moment can't because of family/work/life/other commitments. It's mostly long periods of travel overland and by canoe, nothing too extravagant and Mrs Happy Exile luckily fully OK with the idea. I keep telling myself it'll all be worth it when there are no kids at home and I retire and I'll finally have time to be selfish but know far too many people who don't have the health through no fault of their own (and sometimes aren't even alive) by the time they get to retirement age.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Smoke dope, be a drop out, eat loads of Pizza, think all my generation are like me and generally being a knob

I only have one of those.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Run the Marathon des Sables. I've done a lot of marathons and for a while this was a realistic ambition but injuries now mean it's never going to happen for me.

I've been getting a real fear recently of time running out. I'm in my late 40s and have so much I want to do that I won't consider yet I won't achieve, but at the moment can't because of family/work/life/other commitments. It's mostly long periods of travel overland and by canoe, nothing too extravagant and Mrs Happy Exile luckily fully OK with the idea. I keep telling myself it'll all be worth it when there are no kids at home and I retire and I'll finally have time to be selfish but know far too many people who don't have the health through no fault of their own (and sometimes aren't even alive) by the time they get to retirement age.

A sub-3 marathon will now most likely pass me by. I got close, 3:05, but this was 5 years ago. i'm now the wrong side of 50 and whilst I am still full of energy I am hampered by niggles brough on by tight muscles. A more realistic goal is to complete the majors....I just have Tokyo to go on this....until they carry out their threat and add more.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've found that sometimes just doing things on the spur of the moment or because the opportunity presents itself can lead to events which are more exciting and memorable than bucket list items

Bucket list items, like dream jobs, can sometimes be underwhelming

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I watch these TV programmes like Gordon, Gino & Fred and would love to do these tours and arrive at a pub/restaurant and have a good evening. But tried it three times in the last two years touring the UK and it just doesn't happen.
Bucket list destination was Red Square but again, if I went there it would be 'yep, here I am, now what?'
Of all the things I dreamt of back in the 70's I have only one to do. Visit the Radio Caroline ship. Reckon to tick this off in 2022.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jelly wrestle with Kelly Brook

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here