Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] bt broadband question

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I have BT Broadband and TV for £45 and the Broadband part is £39 for fibre, now out of contract but Lightning Fibre in my area is £18 a month with a faster speed so its a no brainer.
Question I am asking is can I cancel the BT broadband and keep the TV part from BT?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Highly unlikely a couple[ of years back I went to renew just BT Sport and the price they quoted was more than just buying it through Sky.

I queried this and was advised they want people on both BT Broadband and BT Sport not individual packages of just BT Sport

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have BT Broadband and TV for £45 and the Broadband part is £39 for fibre, now out of contract but Lightning Fibre in my area is £18 a month with a faster speed so its a no brainer.
Question I am asking is can I cancel the BT broadband and keep the TV part from BT?

How much drilling through walls and additional boxes were required in your house and was it done neatly? Lots of tales of fibre installs by some companies being awful botch jobs
When they did mine I wanted the ONT (the terminating box) in the lounge but the fibre run through the loft to get to it. I had to drill the holes and pull the fibre through but the techs were quite happy to help me (they aren't allowed to go into lofts).

I have to say Lightning Fibre's support is brilliant, mine went down one weekend and they had it fixed in a couple of hours.

If either of you go with them, use the referral code DG4STU and we both get a free month !

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
How much drilling through walls and additional boxes were required in your house and was it done neatly? Lots of tales of fibre installs by some companies being awful botch jobs
When we bought our house the previous owners already had it installed so it wasn't an issue for us. The cable runs up the outside wall, then through the wall to the office. Seems all quite neat and tidy. We have an additional two WiFi extenders. I'm never sure just how much difference they make.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When we bought our house the previous owners already had it installed so it wasn't an issue for us. The cable runs up the outside wall, then through the wall to the office. Seems all quite neat and tidy. We have an additional two WiFi extenders. I'm never sure just how much difference they make.
I use the "NetSpot" app on my phone. You can walk round each room and it will tell you signal strength and speeds for both 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi bands.

Power off your extenders and see the difference on netspot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here