Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brussel Sprouts ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The big Chrsitmas debate Brussel Sprouts a bit like Marmite you either love them or hate them. Me I love them.
Whats your thoughts ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Bloody horrible things. Make your farts smelly too!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Disgusting boiled - but totally transformed if refried with bacon, onion and garlic - great with cold turkey on boxing day.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Disgusting boiled - but totally transformed if refried with bacon, onion and garlic - great with cold turkey on boxing day.

Absolutely. Same with courgettes. Dire on their own, but add some salt and lemon juice and suddenly they make sense.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Can be quite nice if not overcooked. Used to hate them with a passion as a child, but like them now ESPECIALLY fried up on Boxing Day in a kind of bubble n squeak concoction :thumbsup:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Can be quite nice if not overcooked. Used to hate them with a passion as a child, but like them now ESPECIALLY fried up on Boxing Day in a kind of bubble n squeak concoction :thumbsup:

Interesting how many foods we hated as children. All down to how they were cooked and school dinners which Jamie Oliver has in my opinion been unfairly maligned for trying to tackle. How many foods can you name that you would happily eat now that you hated as a result of being fed substandard versions at school? For me, swede, beetroot, courgette, brussel sprouts, tuna (no such thing as fresh tuna when i was at school) etc

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Interesting how many foods we hated as children. All down to how they were cooked and school dinners which Jamie Oliver has in my opinion been unfairly maligned for trying to tackle. How many foods can you name that you would happily eat now that you hated as a result of being fed substandard versions at school? For me, swede, beetroot, courgette, brussel sprouts, tuna (no such thing as fresh tuna when i was at school) etc

It's taken me nearly 45 years to even get close to a "Russian Salad"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
EU say we must not call them Brussels Sprouts anymore as they dont come from Brussels so now they are sprouts either way I love them. The trouble is the season for them is so long that they get a little boring after a time.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Serve them with plain walnuts and a little butter, devine!

Also had them with bacon as mentioned previously, very nice too.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
EU say we must not call them Brussels Sprouts anymore as they dont come from Brussels so now they are sprouts either way I love them. The trouble is the season for them is so long that they get a little boring after a time.

EU can go forth and multiply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here