Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

albionite

May 20, 2009
He has to be one of the best right backs we have ever had. I don't get the amount of moaning about him. You would probably have to go back to the early 80s to find a better right back!

He had a shocker today... Don't think it's constant moaning ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really like Bruno, but I'm sure he would admit he was pretty dreadful in the first half. Improved in the 2nd but no where near as good as he can be.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has to be one of the best right backs we have ever had. I don't get the amount of moaning about him. You would probably have to go back to the early 80s to find a better right back!

And as we have been playing in the lower leagues for the majority of the time since the 80's there's not much to compare. And I 100% disagree with you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
People have moaned about Bruno since the day he arrived. You just can not satisfy some people it seems.

Perhaps because they can see what's in front of them.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a lifelong Brunoholic, and that love of his shiny-scalped flair won't wilt thanks to the odd mistaken lunge. not sure his legs will carry him through another season as first pick, but for now I'll be a fan and thankful for the control he has on the ball and weight of a pass none in the rest of our squad are capable of. Calde and he could remain as decent squad players whilst a leaner and more nimble rightback is purchased for the future. I'd be pleased if that were so. Two good huevos.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definite penalty (he knew it too if you watched his pitch-thumping reaction). One of our poorest players today - so many stray passes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm a lifelong Brunoholic, thankful for the control he has on the ball and weight of a pass none in the rest of our squad are capable of.

You mean the one that drifts off slowly across the line for a throw. If so, I've witnessed it too and too often.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That is fine. But I find it astounding really. He has been part of one of the best defences in the Championship over the last two seasons. A defence that good does not have a liability in it. Just out of interest, who out of all the right backs in the last 20 odd years would you have over him? (I will arguably give you Calderon).

He may have been part of it but as you allude to Calderon has been far better, more wins more assists more goals.

In the last 20 years, yes Calderon and Bruno are most likely to have been the best but that is up against some very poor squads(mostly lower league). Our squad apart from forwards is considerably better than what has gone on in the last 20 years.

In all honesty he and Calderon are now liabilities. Problem as I see it is apart from Duck all of defence is now worryingly poor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A liabilty....and we give him another year. Never EVER liked Bruno. Bottle job, liability, always out of position, stupid sendings off (wolves a most recent) and gives away easy goals or penalties.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He has his faults but I'm glad we've got one player who's a maverick and has the cojones to try the occasional outrageous bit of skill (which often comes off).

Camicus

Bruno=Flair nuff said. Better defender than any poster on NSC and they should stop bitching about the fella until they can play better

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As per other thread - poor first half and great second half. The ball in for the 3rd was brilliant and he won the ball in a 50/50 to set the whole thing up..

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Every home game ,when Bruno starts, we say at the start ' how long today before he makes a major cock-up' and I'm sorry to say that he don't usually disappoint us. The club spent a long time chasing that Irish fullback for a reason and we still need to sort out that position and the right side of the middle of the defence, both Bruno and Greer are at the end of their careers at this level. Both too slow and prone to mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here