Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All i've learned from this thread is that [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] doesn't like Bruno. Though he does need to tell us several times.

Haven't said I don't like him, probably a very nice chap just that there is a better suited player who somehow lost the position today to him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is the opinion of 3 successive managers concrete?

No they're like mine are opinions. Statistics, hard evidence show a different story, just saying like. Assists, goals, wins against loses.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's all how you play him. Last year, he was not played as a pseudo-winger, was part of a more traditional 4 across the back, and the team was one of the stingiest in the Championship.

Either the other three fellows were carrying Bruno, or he can play a little defense....

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
I primarily go along to watch the Albion to be entertained. I like players with flair and who show some audacity on the pitch. For this reason Bruno is my favourite player. He's been outstanding so far this season - rightly mom last week and involved in most our best moves today.

There's always someone on here or Twitter having a dig about Bruno and hey, it's all about opinions and yes our other RB is a hugely popular club favourite, but I really don't get it. For the first time in a year or more we're playing with abandon and a bit of verve. We've got a host of players comfortable on the ball and moving it around quickly; Bruno fits in perfectly. I'd imagine he's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I primarily go along to watch the Albion to be entertained. I like players with flair and who show some audacity on the pitch. For this reason Bruno is my favourite player. He's been outstanding so far this season - rightly mom last week

Until he attempted to single handedly throw the game with his defending or rather lack of it in the 10 minutes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's always someone on here or Twitter having a dig about Bruno and hey, it's all about opinions and yes our other RB is a hugely popular club favourite, but I really don't get it. For the first time in a year or more we're playing with abandon and a bit of verve. We've got a host of players comfortable on the ball and moving it around quickly; Bruno fits in perfectly. I'd imagine he's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

Calderon is better at it though, more goals, more assists, moves the ball quicker gets in better positions, oh f**k it I give up.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bruno played very well today. The game situation did suit him though. We were chasing the draw for most of the ninety, so he had a lot of attacking to do instead of defending. His first touch and approach play is much better than most of our midfield TBH. His balls into the box are better than most (that we have) too.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Since when?

Every stat I've seen supports what I'm saying. The link I posted is only for this season. I could find last season too, but that's effort :p Stats are not everything though. They obviously don't take in consideration the players play-styles or commitment (this is where Calderon is much better).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Every stat I've seen supports what I'm saying. The link I posted is only for this season. I could find last season too, but that's effort :p Stats are not everything though. They obviously don't take in consideration the players play-styles or commitment (this is where Calderon is much better).

I took the effort last year can't remember exactly but Calderon beat Bruno on every aspect especially goals scored and assists. This season Bruno has been in midfield mostly added to which what assists has he got Calderon certainly has one last Saturday

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
Missed Calde today and the overlapping from the previous game! I thought Bruno and calde had a good understanding!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Missed Calde today and the overlapping from the previous game! I thought Bruno and calde had a good understanding!

Indeed we missed that today. Some might think I'm an idiot for my insistence about Bruno but he has played so much better in the middle and his link play with Calderon has worked well thus far. Calderon poses such a lot more of a threat.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I like Calde

BUT Bruno is simply a better football player.

I heard some people moaning about him today because halfway through the second half he was out of position and wasn't sprinting to get back.

They hadn't noticed that Gardner was covering for him. They also don't seem to understand that in Hyppias system the full backs get forward A LOT and the defensive midfielders are meant to track back (Holla and Gardner)

When it comes down to it, Bruno can pick a pass better than Calde.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just a football fan with an opinion. However one of these players has played five consecutive seasons in La Liga (over 150 appearances) and when fit has been one of the first names on the team sheet under three different Albion managers.... the other hasn't.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Really really don't like him football wise. Shows very occasional flashes of brilliance but just count up the number of times our players pass to the opposition and he will be top of the list by a mile. Doesn't show the same do or die commitment that we have come to admire in favourite players like Adam El Abd, Danny Cullip or even Andy Whing. Marcos Painter may not have had the same level of ability but he certainly put the effort in. And, of course, how could anyone in their right mind prefer him to Calde?! (That bit is said toungue in cheek and with humour - don't need a Saturday night lecture on how three successive managers have preferred him!)
OK take your tongue in cheek quip,but do you really think that you are much more better than our last three managers.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
OK take your tongue in cheek quip,but do you really think that you are much more better than our last three managers.

I'm not saying I'm in any way as good as any of them. I'm just expressing an opinion. If we accepted that the manager always knows best there would be no point in NSC or any other football forum because most posts would then be no more than an endorsement of his views. We all have favourite and less liked players. The OP asked what posters' views were. I gave mine. End of.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I've said for a while RB is our weakest position, I love Calde but he is ageing a bit. Bruno can't defend to save his life but has started better this season than last, where defensively he was woeful. Both players clearly have a lot of passion for the club though, which I think at times clouds peoples judgement.

Those that love Bruno should concentrate on his defensive play for the whole game, he makes some shocking errors. He does have plus sides attacking (especially short passes) but crosses need to be more consistent.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Think if Calde was at right back, and Bruno was playing the Crofts position, that would have made a world of difference today...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here