Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruno has left Chelsea

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh yeah, I loved Five O'clock club! "Five o'clock club! La la la la! "Five o'clock club! La la la la! "Five o'clock club! La la la la! Tuesday, Friday five o'clock club!" Then they changed the start time to 4:55, but quite rightly they reckoned that calling it the "Five to Five o'clock club" would be a bit clumsy (and would be hard to fit into the tune), so they kept it the same. And wasn't Pussycat Willum great? It was sad the day he started school and didn't appear.

Anyway, what were we talking about?
I have a cat now, that looks just like Pussycat Willum.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Like most on here, I was upset and shocked when he left, as we idolised him to an extent. He was ultimately trying to further his career and provide for his family, as in life they come first. At the end of the day pride, hurt egos don’t come into it, our leader is a very pragmatic person, I don’t think he holds grudges and will do anything that benefits the club, that would include welcoming back Bruno if he saw fit, he does know the club inside out, I can see him coming home in some capacity to be honest in the future.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Right. But then we promoted Crofts. There is just no way your scenario would have happened.
Absolutely, no way ever that Bruno would have been jettisoned. No guarantee of the position he'd have maybe but he was not exactly high up in the coaching set up so that would not have been an issue. He was the last one left after the Potter entourage jumped. So 4th in line in the coaching set up.

Lack of balls from him to create that as an excuse to go. It was cash and perceived prestige, which = lack of any respect for this club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, how old are you? She has to be one of my first ever crush.

Mine: (Sadly she was Bobby's girl)

1695712384016.png

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I don't think it matters what we think as we know almost nothing about it. What matters is what Tony thinks and as Bruno hasn't been whitewashed from the Amex it seems Tony doesn't share the majority of views on here.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
will do anything that benefits the club, that would include welcoming back Bruno if he saw fit, he does know the club inside out, I can see him coming home in some capacity to be honest in the future.
Not sure what role there would be for Bruno. RDZ has brought in and built his back room team including bringing in new faces (Stern), promoting old ones (Crofts) bringing back an old one (Calderon), and most importantly bringing in a team he can trust. Bloom and Barber have done similar with Weir, Jewell and a few others.

Things have changed enormously over the past 12 months resulting in more entertaining and successful results.

I’m not sure Bruno knows the club “inside out” anymore. All he will have learnt in the past 12 months is what a badly run club looks like and how much money he has pocketed. He is “team Potter” now.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don't really wish him any ill now, but would prefer not to see him back at the club for a few years at least tbh. Time is a healer and all that. If it works for us and works for him, that's fine by me.

I disliked Glenn Murray so much when he went to them that I made him 7 inches tall and gave him North Korean nationality on FM. Some may think I went a bit too far, but it was the actions of a jilted ex longing for that sweet Glenda action. I'm sure it'll pass in time with SALTER, but not quite yet.
How did he get on, any international call ups?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely, no way ever that Bruno would have been jettisoned. No guarantee of the position he'd have maybe but he was not exactly high up in the coaching set up so that would not have been an issue. He was the last one left after the Potter entourage jumped. So 4th in line in the coaching set up.

Lack of balls from him to create that as an excuse to go. It was cash and perceived prestige, which = lack of any respect for this club.
It doesn't show a 'lack of respect' at all imo. He just made a choice based on circumstances at the time - personally have no problem with that. Cash, perceived prestige, guaranteed job and known role with his existing team vs unknown role at maybe 20% of the salary with an unknown boss. Not difficult to see why he left.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure what role there would be for Bruno. RDZ has brought in and built his back room team including bringing in new faces (Stern), promoting old ones (Crofts) bringing back an old one (Calderon), and most importantly bringing in a team he can trust. Bloom and Barber have done similar with Weir, Jewell and a few others.

Things have changed enormously over the past 12 months resulting in more entertaining and successful results.

I’m not sure Bruno knows the club “inside out” anymore. All he will have learnt in the past 12 months is what a badly run club looks like and how much money he has pocketed. He is “team Potter” now.

Stern was already here pre RDZ. He was assistant goalkeeping coach under Ben Roberts. Seems to have had some sort of promotion tho as he’s now just listed as first team goalkeeping coach, the same title that the keeping coach RDZ brought in.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's never welcome back in my book. He left in our moment of need. A legend wouldn't have done that.

Genuinely don't care what he gets up to now, but I wouldn't want him back at the Amex.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Like most on here, I was upset and shocked when he left, as we idolised him to an extent. He was ultimately trying to further his career and provide for his family, as in life they come first. At the end of the day pride, hurt egos don’t come into it, our leader is a very pragmatic person, I don’t think he holds grudges and will do anything that benefits the club, that would include welcoming back Bruno if he saw fit, he does know the club inside out, I can see him coming home in some capacity to be honest in the future.
Matthew Benham?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Oh...I had a bit of a crush on her too. I used to attend the 60's Weekends at Butlins, first at Barry Island and later at Bognor Regis in the mid 80's. She was performing at the '87 show at Bognor and I'm sure she smiled at me. Anyway that's what my inner self still thinks after all these years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here