Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruno Fernandes - cheat

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Genuinely can't throw any stones on this thread all the time Goodnight plays for us.

That said Goodnight was much better yesterday.
If he's been spoken too and that's the 'new me', then I'll have 2 flat stones and a bag of gravel.
Yes we’ve all seen it from him….although imo he is getting ‘better’…maybe the influence of some of the older pros like Milner? …..though we are comparing a young player with an established international and more importantly a Captain

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes we’ve all seen it from him….although imo he is getting ‘better’…maybe the influence of some of the older pros like Milner? …..though we are comparing a young player with an established international and more importantly a Captain
We're comparing a cheat with a cheat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
….and I’ve stated other angles to look at it….still clearly you are on a mission as per normal…so carry on
Yes there are other angles but both act identically when in the exact same situation.

Sure Goodnight can change and hopefully yesterday's performance is the start while of course Fernandez never will.

But the bottom line really has to be 'get your own house in order before pointing fingers'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes there are other angles but both act identically when in the exact same situation.

Sure Goodnight can change and hopefully yesterday's performance is the start while of course Fernandez never will.

But the bottom line really has to be 'get your own house in order before pointing fingers'.
I think we are mainly in agreement….and personally I have seen an improvement in the player in all areas (including going over too easily) as he matures…still a way to go

I’m wondering how you think we NSC can get ‘our own house in order’ ….turn up for training (just teasing you)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we are mainly in agreement….and personally I have seen an improvement in the player in all areas (including going over too easily) as he matures…still a way to go

I’m wondering how you think we NSC can get ‘our own house in order’ ….turn up for training (just teasing you)
Calling it for what it is.

We were going nuts at Groß when he was clearly toying with the idea of kicking the ball out, because an Everton player was 'injured'.

Imagine us reacting the same way because one of our own was rolling around.

Ain't gonna happen as 'they all cheat' while 'we're always fouled'.

I think I'm too evenhanded to be a Sky sports/VAR era football fan.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Genuinely can't throw any stones on this thread all the time Goodnight plays for us.
A bit disingenuous isn’t it? - Buonanotte may be a drama queen at times and can have legs of straw when he is tackled but that is largely in part to his age and lack of strength - he’s still on a learning curve here but he certainly doesn’t deliberately deep dive after being barely touched, he usually goes down after being fouled (sometimes quite heavily) - and he attracts defenders like bees to honey because of his position so has to cope with repeatedly being crowded every time he dribbles forward - I think that is different to Fernandes who is an unqualified cheat, master of the dark arts with timing and deceit - same can be said for Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez and a few others we all could mention..

Mitoma certainly dived a fair bit in his first season - playing for a penalty when he realised he’d dribbled himself into a tight spot with no way out or waving for a yellow card when he went down. Veltman isn’t entirely above suspicion here either. RDZ probably put an end to that as he is probably doing with Buonanotte‘s lengthy ‘injury’ episodes. We don’t have the sort of manager that would tolerate the dark arts in response to us being behind in a game - his response would be ‘attack more’. Diving is a very defensive and reactionary tactic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will probably get pulled soon but look at the STATE of this...

That's a f***ing disgrace. The defender didn't even stretch his leg out to block the shot. Players should get suspended for antics like that.

Refs should be made to watch this.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Calling it for what it is.

We were going nuts at Groß when he was clearly toying with the idea of kicking the ball out, because an Everton player was 'injured'.

Imagine us reacting the same way because one of our own was rolling around.

Ain't gonna happen as 'they all cheat' while 'we're always fouled'.

I think I'm too evenhanded to be a Sky sports/VAR era football fan.
I’m sorry but I’m not as cynical ….and I’ll call it for what it is …..and I don’t like any of our players going down regularly…may get it wrong sometimes …I’ll stand by Fernandez being in a different league to a player who’s still in his infancy (yes it’s still wrong)….re the Everton player ‘injured’ not sure what point you are trying to make here…that was the lump at the back ..who clearly was able to play on and yet the ref blew up despite us being in an advantageous position which we subsequently lost ….an example of the ball being kicked out by Gross in good sportsmanship was the last home game..I’d applaud that

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

That said Goodnight was much better yesterday.
If he's been spoken too and that's the 'new me', then I'll have 2 flat stones and a bag of gravel.

I was going to say the same that said he also has received a lot of kicks/rough treatment in various games which have gone unpunished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here