Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brum fan bigging up our stewards

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Smoking is not allowed!

I thought the Brummy fans were excellent, seriously noisy and have a party to go to (play offs). Anyone that says otherwise either didn't go or have their heads firmly entrenched in their bottoms. Good luck Brums, even though I didn't understand a word of what you were singing.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Shame a group of them on the 17.14 back to Brighton let the rest down. Homophobic comments all the way back, they got asked to can it by three separate people as there were lots of young kids and woman on the train, however, they just carried on and on even trying to justify that kids would need to hear it (wtf?).

I personally thought they came across as a reet bunch of morons

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Or the Arsenal method of counting ATTENDEES - include c.5,000 s/t holders that don't turn up, to pretend to the outside world that the 60,000 capacity is always met.

Stating tickets sold, rather than bums on seats, is a Premier League rule.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anyone see what happened, walked down to the station to get the 6:25 train and quite a few plod there with some bald guy with a bloody face and then arresting some younger lad?

There was a group of about 20-30, not sure whether they were rival fans but there was some fighting going on with a few of the guys ending up on their backsides. I was told that the 'trouble' continued to Hove.

The police and stewards were frigging useless-allowing things to go on for at 5 minutes before deciding to intervene. I approached 2 stewards and said 'Shouldn't you be trying to calm things down' only to be told 'We're only here for crowd control'.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I had the misfortune of queuing next to the group of people dressed as arabs in the queue for the train. Aggressive homophobic abuse, shoving the crowd around etc. A few told them to knock it on the head but their requests were met with yet more homophobic abuse. A couple of coppers pulled a few of them to one side to be met with "we ain't done nuffin" from a particularly thick looking one. Classless twats.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
They must have been the thickest set of supporters I've heard and they genuinely thought the gay stuff was hilarious!

Pubs in town had been told last week that brum could be bringing 3-4000 down-some were home only today

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I had the misfortune of queuing next to the group of people dressed as arabs in the queue for the train. Aggressive homophobic abuse, shoving the crowd around etc. A few told them to knock it on the head but their requests were met with yet more homophobic abuse. A couple of coppers pulled a few of them to one side to be met with "we ain't done nuffin" from a particularly thick looking one. Classless twats.

Not surprising as they were EDL muppets.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Hadn't heard the homophobic stuff for a while, based on the Brum fans I did meet I'm not sure they would have understood the ironic clapping.

Also there was a bunch of them on the train back. One of them had apparently mouthed off at a Brighton fan then hid further down the train when the police checked out the situation.
Once the police had disappeared he returned and started mouthing off about what he would have done had the police not turned up in true idiot tough guy fashion.

A middle aged mum told him to watch his language and criticised his behaviour, he then started to get lippy with her.

In turn she fixed him with a head mistress sort of stare and said "I am not interested in anything you have to say".

He sort of whimpered and didn't say a word until the train pulled in.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Was that the idiot that had a pint in his hand? If so I was on the same train and what I was referring to in my previous post. The guy, and his mates, were absolute idiots.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I thought the Brummy fans were excellent, seriously noisy and have a party to go to (play offs). Anyone that says otherwise either didn't go or have their heads firmly entrenched in their bottoms. Good luck Brums, even though I didn't understand a word of what you were singing.

They were nice and loud before the game and after they'd scored until the end, but they seemed pretty quiet to me for most of the first half. It can be hard to tell from North end of WSU though, but even looking at them they didn't seem to be that lively in the first half.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Like every team (even ours) there is a certain element that lets the rest down. Makes you wonder how they bought train and football tickets, let alone the right ones.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Probably in the top 3 loudest fans to come to the Amex in my opinion along with Leeds & Liverpool.

Also good to see their fans that remained after the whistle clapping the Albion players as they walked past the away end.

Wrexham, Leeds, Liverpool top 3.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
Sitting in the S/W corner all season I have heard & seen all sorts in the away end. For me I thought the Birmingham fans were one of the loudest. They were singing out in the concourse at half time & it sounded pretty good. One bloke got chucked out in the first half . He was mouthing off constantly & then pulled a moonie so he was removed. . I think it does depend on where you sit as to how loud fans sound. From where I sit the North stand sounds pretty quite. After the game we went to the northstand to meet my brother for a beer & fans were singing a song about Will Buckley . I said to my brother it was the first time I had heard it but apparently its sung a lot.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Probably in the top 3 loudest fans to come to the Amex in my opinion along with Leeds & Liverpool.

Leeds , definitely, Liverpool? ? ? ? ? ? ? I've had louder shits!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wrexham, Leeds, Liverpool top 3.

Liverpool were only slightly above average I thought. I only heard them being homophobic and YNWA which wasn't even that loud...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here