Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruges

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
le Panier (I think) is a restaurant in the main square and it does fantastic food. Its not scary expensive and whenever we go the steak is just superb. Accompanied with some kwak beer.... lovely!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I love Flemish Belgium - used to go loads when I lived in the UK.

Ghent was always for me a slightly larger and slightly less touristy version of Bruges. I would recommend Antwerp which is a completely different place although it's not so convenient as Ghent for a daytrip.

If the sun is shining then consider a daytrip to one of the coastal towns. Ostend has a faded charm and Knokke's a nice little resort.

Basically, you'll have a great time wherever you go - fantastic beer and delicious chips!

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
You really must be joking ? Cycling ? Central Brugge is all cobble stones, how do you expect to control a bicycle with one hand on that surface while holding a chalice of something half decent in the other ? plus.... you are never more than 20 Yds from a beer in Brugge ... except while on a freezing boat.

It's a pretty good way to get around actually, but you might not find any bike rental places open.

The ride to Damme is really nice.

To do in Brugge - Bruges

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You'll love it. You can walk it in a day and just move from bar to bar between the sites. Was there a few years back.

If you like art, go to the Groeningemuseum.

For a drink that is a very short walk from the centre go to Café Vlissinghe, which is the oldest bar in Bruges. Try it early evening as when I was there it got rammed later on.

Also, book a table (downstairs) at De Vlaamsche Pot. Best to go at lunchtime when it's quiet and cosy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here