Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce's Hull, and Leicester, both show serious intent to get to the PL a.s.a.p.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Hull have surprised me.
Bore draws over the last 18 months, they are now relentlessly winning, and despite having lower income and crowds than the Albion, have a core of ex-PL players to make the dream come true:
Koren, Elmohamedy, and Faye.

Leicester, similar story:
Schmeichal, Whitbread, St.Ledger, Konchesky, Nugent,
and then acting quicker than the ditherers to snap up Wood, and now likely Baptiste.

This is the season to go up with PL money (even for the 2014 relegated clubs with the parachute money) up 50% again for 2012/13.

Several clubs are acting decisively to make the dream come true now, before enriched clubs start getting relegated into the Championship.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Leicester aren't acting decisively they are acting moronically and unfairly. They have posted record loses and yet continue to spend big on transfer fees and wages. If they don't make it this then admin beckons.

Jimmy Grimble

I very much doubt Hull have lower income than we do - are they not in the final year of their parachute payments?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Leicester aren't acting decisively they are acting moronically and unfairly. They have posted record loses and yet continue to spend big on transfer fees and wages. If they don't make it this then admin beckons.

You could say that about Southampton and West Ham last year,
Chelsea, Man City, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham ... every year,
and Cardiff and Middlesborough this year.

All having transfer fees/wages/other costs > turnover = losses, subsidised by benefactors.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way in modern football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I very much doubt Hull have lower income than we do - are they not in the final year of their parachute payments?

Hull's latest accounts are on the internet.
Their income is no greater than the Albion's at the Amex; I assume southern pricing and vast corporate income matches parachute income.

Their generous owners have covered an annual loss of £19.5, and yet they continue to support Bruce's march to the PL.

That is serious intent on getting to the PL now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here