Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce Springsteen updates.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Saw him at Coventry a few years ago, wasn't really fussed about going to see him but took the sister in law as she was a big fan . Although I thought he was good and very good with engaging with the crowd, he went on a bit. Bought up on 3 minute punk songs, after 10 minutes a song I got a bit bored.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seriously chaps get a life - Bruce Springsteen is a decent fellow and has a good rockin band . But creativity , new songs ? No same old , same old boring middle aged mans rock . Brightons full of great new talent and bands playing every night and you still want to drive half way round the country to listen to the same songs you listened to last time you drove around the country to do the same . So saaaad !!!

What "great new talent" can you recommend?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've just got back from Dublin after two of the best gigs I've seen him play (and I've seen him nearly 40 times !). Went to Barcelona on this tour as well and am off to Wembley on Sunday
He is simply the very best live performer that there is around at the moment - nobody else comes close except possibly Neil Young
If you get it you get it if you don't you don't (but in my opinion you're missing out)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have 2 tix for Wembley that I can no longer use. Seated, block 113, Row 22, face value (£125 each). Anybody?

EDIT: gone.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Just a note to anyone thinking of buying tickets for Wembley on this or on any other website - Ticket******* have printed names on the top (£125) seats and you will apparently have to show photo ID with your name on it to get in. Or so I have been warned by a ticket agency anyway

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Would be interested to know any concert goer,s view on his version of 'Shout' if played ? At Manchester he and the band had 40,000 people absolutely rocking. :clap:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Would be interested to know any concert goer,s view on his version of 'Shout' if played ? At Manchester he and the band had 40,000 people absolutely rocking. :clap:

I think it's a great way to finish off a gig
80,000 people at Croke Park were quite happy with it on Friday too !

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just a note to anyone thinking of buying tickets for Wembley on this or on any other website - Ticket******* have printed names on the top (£125) seats and you will apparently have to show photo ID with your name on it to get in. Or so I have been warned by a ticket agency anyway

Do you think this is an attempt to prevent the disgraceful touting of tickets ?

I've just got back from Dublin after two of the best gigs I've seen him play (and I've seen him nearly 40 times !). Went to Barcelona on this tour as well and am off to Wembley on Sunday
He is simply the very best live performer that there is around at the moment - nobody else comes close except possibly Neil Young
If you get it you get it if you don't you don't (but in my opinion you're missing out)

Seen Bruce once (and share the opinion of most of the posters on here as to his extreme awesomeness) but have never seen Neil Young live. Surely a very different type of show to Springsteen - can't imagine him throwing an Isley Bros/Beatles cover in during the encore - so what is so good about his live show?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Going Sunday. Not a huge fan but believe it is a show worth seeing

I'm driving and parking up at Ruislip. 5 stops on tube and cos its north bound you miss all the rush to get the southbound trains back into main line stations. Last Wembley Bruce concert 2 yrs ago i was back in my car and on M40/ M25 in 30 mins

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Bought up on 3 minute punk songs, after 10 minutes a song I got a bit bored.

So which Springsteen songs last 10 minutes or more (you may ask your sister in law) even when played live and extended for audience sing along.

As for Punk - Down in the Sewer off the Stranglers debut album, Police and Thieves by the Clash was over 5 minutes and if you go later into the Clash output, The Magnificent Seven.....

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So which Springsteen songs last 10 minutes or more (you may ask your sister in law) even when played live and extended for audience sing along.

As for Punk - Down in the Sewer off the Stranglers debut album, Police and Thieves by the Clash was over 5 minutes and if you go later into the Clash output, The Magnificent Seven.....

seemed like all of them! not saying i didn't enjoy the gig but when thinking the songs were over he'd reboot it again, and again.

as for the punk songs you know exactly what i mean and cherry picked a few to make a point.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Decent R4 programme broadcast last Saturday with punk being 40. Not the biggest fan,but what it did in opening up the British music scene to fresh talent has to be given credit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here