Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce Forsyth at Glastonbury

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My God. Just goes to show that the world is controlled by 14 yr old hipster twats. Forsyth. How 'hilariously ironic'. Christ in a bap.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My God. Just goes to show that the world is controlled by 14 yr old hipster twats. Forsyth. How 'hilariously ironic'. Christ in a bap.
Better than having to watch Mumford and Sons I guess - might be a bit confusing with the Stones there at the same time though.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
One of the funniest things I've ever seen was on the Parkinson show a few years ago, BF was on with Boris Becker and BF was explaining how he stayed fit at his age. He stood up and proceeded to twirl around with his arms stretched out at quite a rate, whereupon BB jumped up and grabbed him to make him stop because he was worried that BF would do himself a mischief.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He's an awful old perv. Should have been retired years ago.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bruce Forsyth is the Ryan Giggs of the television world. He's far past his best and, if truth be known, totally shit at what he does these days. But because he's still doing it years after most people would have given up, he's held up as some sort of legend.

That would be a good analogy if Ryan Giggs was 'shit at what he does these days'. But he's not. Bruce is though.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think at his age, nothing that far in advanced can be confirmed. Lets just pencil him in and see what happens.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i doubt many 14yo would know who he is, surely this is evidence that those running Glasto are too old, or Glasto is increasingly for a middle aged audience?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can almost hear his next catchphrase now:

"I'm from the 70s and pervy,
I've got an erection,
So nice to see them...
Here's One Direction!"

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In my opinion, Giggs is shit these days, at least at the level he's operating at. Obviously if he played for a lesser side then he would be more in line with their standard. Just like if Forsyth only appeared on QVC at 2am he wouldn't be such an embarrassment. But they're still both trying to cling on at the top level when it passed them by some time ago.

When Courts stopped using him for their advertising they went bust

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well, they can't exactly have Rolf this year..........

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Bruce Forsyth is the Ryan Giggs of the television world. He's far past his best and, if truth be known, totally shit at what he does these days. But because he's still doing it years after most people would have given up, he's held up as some sort of legend.

Swap Gary Barlow for Ryan Giggs in the above and it would read the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i doubt many 14yo would know who he is, surely this is evidence that those running Glasto are too old, or Glasto is increasingly for a middle aged audience?

Plenty of stuff for people of all ages at Glastonbury especially the teen market you have mentioned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can almost hear his next catchphrase now:

"I'm from the 70s and pervy,
I've got an erection,
So nice to see them...
Here's One Direction!"

I'm sleazy and from 1970 , nice to see them....oh it's the police from Operation Yew Tree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here