Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bronichial Pneumonia

Rotherham Seagulls

Feb 10, 2012
Rotherfuckingham
I have just got out of hospital from having this **** since Sunday, has anyone had it before and what was the next couple of months like? as i am sure the doctor said that the next 4-6 weeks you will feel you have the worst flu ever!!!

Also didnt realise anyone could catch it (31 years old) i thought it was an older condition.

:mad::mad:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it viral or bacterial? I know one bloke who was 22 who died of viral pneumonia and another one of 24 who was ok so definitely not confined to the elderly.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Had that in my mid twenties lost just under 3-stone couldn't stop chundering, had just under 3-months of work and about 4-6 months before the weight started to return

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
I had the pleasure of community acquired bacterial pneumonia in 2011 (aged 40). Absolute ba5tard with asthma, had a nice weeks stay at The Sussex County and took best part of 3 months to recover.

All the best, hope you get on the mend soon. Do not rush going back to work if you can help it.

Rotherham Seagulls

Feb 10, 2012
Rotherfuckingham
Is it viral or bacterial? to be honest mate without sounding like an absolute mong i dont know, i found the worst part about this ordeal was the pleuricy i have never experienced pain like i felt before, even worse thing was i went into the walkin centre on the thursday evening and the doctor said nothing was wrong!!

luckily i work from home so can chill out hopefully, gutted to be missing the Derby game but that's life.

thanks for all your advice.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have been having constant chest infections ......not good and very similar antibiotics cures it for a while and Echinacea is OK but I have been using Goldenseal and Echinacea which gives some relief

its a bastard as it makes you very breathless and weak

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My Dad died of it when he was about 60, although the previous year he managed to overcome Throat cancer so his immune system was shot to pieces. This was about 20 yrs ago

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I have just got out of hospital from having this **** since Sunday, has anyone had it before and what was the next couple of months like? as i am sure the doctor said that the next 4-6 weeks you will feel you have the worst flu ever!!!

Also didnt realise anyone could catch it (31 years old) i thought it was an older condition.

I actually had this 5 years ago when I was 25. It was quite bad as I had pneumonia and septicaemia. I was in hospital for about 14 days and nearly died.
The bad news is it took me about 2 months to get over it and was still not great for many months after.

Take it easy and I wish you a full recovery.

Racek

Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh

I actually had this 5 years ago when I was 25. It was quite bad as I had pneumonia and septicaemia. I was in hospital for about 14 days and nearly died.
The bad news is it took me about 2 months to get over it and was still not great for many months after.

Rotherham Seagulls

Feb 10, 2012
Rotherfuckingham

cheers mate you seem to have had real bad bout, i am back to the hospital tomorrow to perhaps get some fluid drained off the lung, hopefully all is OK because i fooking hate hospitals.

Racek

Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
cheers mate you seem to have had real bad bout, i am back to the hospital tomorrow to perhaps get some fluid drained off the lung, hopefully all is OK because i fooking hate hospitals.

I did not feel too bad after but just tired all the time. I also went back to work too early and that was not the best idea. How did you get it, because they did not work out why I got it! Touch wood, never again.

Rotherham Seagulls

Feb 10, 2012
Rotherfuckingham
I did not feel too bad after but just tired all the time. I also went back to work too early and that was not the best idea. How did you get it, because they did not work out why I got it! Touch wood, never again.

I damaged the other side of my rib cage falling over in a tiled bathroom a couple of weeks before, and also started to get a really bad throat infection a couple of days before the pneumonia so i guess these may have been factors, did you have a pleuricy? this was the fucker that made me go the the hospital, the chest pains where so immense i thought i was going to die from them!!

Racek

Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I damaged the other side of my rib cage falling over in a tiled bathroom a couple of weeks before, and also started to get a really bad throat infection a couple of days before the pneumonia so i guess these may have been factors, did you have a pleuricy? this was the fucker that made me go the the hospital, the chest pains where so immense i thought i was going to die from them!!

I did have pleuricy too. It was just a good job we are young or it could be a killer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here