Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Broja

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Potter has said he would sanction a £30m sale to AC Milan in January for one of the most promising striker (imho) in the Premier League.
Should we consider a bid ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or they’d pick us over AC Milan
Or that he's much better than what we've got.

He had half a good season for Saints before dropping right off, and that from a Saints STH mate who goes to every game. 6 Premier League goals last season - fewer than Maupay.

Plus, if Potter's off loading him I doubt he'd fit our "Potter in his winless streaks" style.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has a physical presence we are lacking. Clearly a talent. No chance we’d get him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Or that he's much better than what we've got.

He had half a good season for Saints before dropping right off, and that from a Saints STH mate who goes to every game. 6 Premier League goals last season - fewer than Maupay.

Plus, if Potter's off loading him I doubt he'd fit our "Potter in his winless streaks" style.
Come back in a few years, and see how his career goes. My hunch is well, very well. Would love him, but we won't get him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Come back in a few years, and see how his career goes. My hunch is well, very well. Would love him, but we won't get him.
Really? If the premise of the thread is correct then Potter doesn't want him at Chelsea, and Potter's raison d'etre is improving young players.

If he really is considering sending Broja to Italy for £30 mill then it suggests he's now a coach who has to deliver with (excuse the phrase) top, top players. Or he doesn't rate Broja.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
....or he'd pick us over Benfica!

Some reports suggested we’d agreed a fee but the deal collapsed partly due to their club president etc:/ some financial complications at their end - but not because Nunez didn’t want to come to the Premier League and Albion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really? If the premise of the thread is correct then Potter doesn't want him at Chelsea, and Potter's raison d'etre is improving young players.

If he really is considering sending Broja to Italy for £30 mill then it suggests he's now a coach who has to deliver with (excuse the phrase) top, top players. Or he doesn't rate Broja.
Different levels though. If Chelsea are to go for leagues and CLs then you don’t get a lot of chance to blood youngsters especially strikers consistently.

From what I’ve seen Broja would certainly bolster our attacking options considerably

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter has said he would sanction a £30m sale to AC Milan in January for one of the most promising striker (imho) in the Premier League.
Should we consider a bid ?
Where and when did he say that? Looks like he is very much in GPs plans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Then again, Potter has never liked playing with an out and out number 9 in his side, favouring fluidity to his play. and players who offer pleanty of movement.

Just playing Devil's Advocate you understand.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Chelsea forward Armando Broja suffered what looked a serious knee injury during a friendly defeat to Aston Villa in Abu Dhabi.

The Albania international was hurt in a collision with Villa defender Ezri Konsa early in the first half, which left the 21-year-old screaming in pain and clutching his right knee before being taken off on a stretcher.

Doesn't sound good for him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd happily put in a bid for him, after all Chelsea do owe us one, although not for the £30m plus that was suggested on here a few posts back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here