Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadening my music tastes

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was thinking about putting Favourite Worst Nightmare in there, by far their best album.

Interesting. I only started liking them upon this album. Whilst I appreciate the talent of the first albumn it was not my cup of tea. I thought I was on my own with this. I will not say Favourite is their best though; I think the current album is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And Exile was generally panned when it first came out. It's funny how things turn out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Listening - The Listening LP (think a modern version of Pink Floyd mixed with middle era Radiohead)
David Bowie - Low
Arcade Fire - Funeral

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Interesting. I only started liking them upon this album. Whilst I appreciate the talent of the first albumn it was not my cup of tea. I thought I was on my own with this. I will not say Favourite is their best though; I think the current album is.

Really? I think their new album is their 3rd best. For me it goes 2nd, 1st, 5th, 3rd and then the 4th. The 5th definitely revived them though, the fourth was a travesty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As were Raw Power, White Light/White Heat & Dub Housing, 3 that would have made my top 20.

Paul's Boutique is another. The general view I and many had when it came out was wtf have they done? Generally seen as a classic now.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
London Grammar and Disclosure are the two musical acts I'm loving ATM. I recommend if you like electric / deap house.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lysergic Emanations by the Fuzztones
Setting Sons by the Jam
Bringing It All Back Home by Bob Dylan

Tomorrow it might be completely different (I've amazed myself that London Calling isn't in there but I've been taking a break from the Clash for a while)

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Cream Disraily Gears
Stanglers Norvis Ratticus (or whatever it was called)
Dexys In search of the young soul rebels

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's difficult to argue with any of the choices in this thread....except maybe Marillion :lolol:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I was listening to Dirt on Sunday and just thought this album is just so complete . Not a bad track on it . I also agree the same with Appetite........, So today my favourite three complete albums are ;

Dirt -Alice In Chains
Dark Side of the Moon -Pink Floyd
Never Mind the Bollocks ,Here's The Sex Pistols-Sex Pistols.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Coming 'round again. Carly Simon
Nice n Easy. Frank Sinatra
Out of the cool Gil Evans

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Sorry to hijack a thread briefly, but this is incredible and hopefully of interest to the muso contingent on NSC...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
In Rainbows was very close for me but i just think the live in basement recording of The King of Limbs is just brilliant.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This is my favourite selection on page 1 of this thread.
Exile on Main Street really is a stand-out album, and might just make my top three
Radiohead would make my top three bands, but probably not top three artists (which includes solo artists), although I'm really not sure I could identify a favourite album
I like Aphex Twin, but not as much as you

Glad you liked it, it's an eclectic mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here