Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British Summer Time

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
methinks a bit of spoof. though it was being talked about, and delayed (again) because there's more benefits to switching daylight hours. few years back US changed when they did it to some billions of energy savings, but they still do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Way too dark in the evenings, so I am all for it. I can put up with going to work in the dark, but to come home in the dark is demoralising.

In December there is approximately 8 hours of daylight, so you have a choice of 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm.
No matter what you do with the clocks it will still be dark.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s a policy which doesn’t really solve anything but grabs a few headlines and becomes a problem loads of other people have to sort out. What about that makes you doubt it?

:)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Will we get charged for the “extra”‘daylight? They’d charge you for looking in the mirror, this lot.

Yoda

English & European

In December there is approximately 8 hours of daylight, so you have a choice of 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm.

And that's only if you are lucky enough to be in the South like most of us are. Try up North and Scotland where they only get approximately 7 hours on the shortest days.
8:45am-3.45pm or 9.45am-4.45pm

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

9 til 5 suits me fine ..let’s go for it

The outrage on the back of one tweet….political lines have predictably been drawn :facepalm:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Blame the industrial revolution. People used to get up at dawn and go to bed when it dark. Factories decided set hours to be worked.

Most factories are indoors anyway so not sure how daylight helps them - I'd heard it was to benefit the Farmers who work the land in all daylight hours in winter.
However, tractors now have super LED lighting and so are better equipped to work in hours of darkness.

All a bit meh for me.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
On a purely selfish basis I really hope it's true. Being only 8 hours ahead instead of 9 makes a big difference for watching the football over here.

Second selfish vote here! Even though it's just an hour, 11pm kick-offs are so much more bearable than midnight ones.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didn’t we do this back on the 60s - 70s … it was dark and miserable in the morning and Scotland complained that up in their North it was not light until mid morning.. I’m against it, if true..

Send each Scottish kiddo to Kiruna one December in their lives, and they'll never complain again...

kiruna.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here