Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British Police

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure the police of the 70s and 80s would warrant some of the harsh assessments made. They were almost feral. You only had to attend some matches at the Goldstone to see that. Corrupt top to bottom.

I respect them though, although I get a bit frustrated when I hear tales of incompetence that they sometimes seem to brush aside. Again, It's a tough job, and on the other hand I sometimes speak out for them and understand situations which others call out on.

If anything, I see some weird prosecutions going on where a private word would have done. But that's down to public reporting and the need to be seen to be doing the right thing.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Swansman has unfortunately revealed himself as someone who likes to make sweeping generalisations about large groups of society driven by his own wilful ignorance and prejudice. There's way too much of that unpleasant nonsense at the moment. So sad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
First maybe I should mention that I neither like police officers in general as they are often the worst kind of human beings (along with journalists and politicians), and I dont like police as a concept.

But if I ignore those thoughts for a minute and just think of the current situation: if they are not very very soft right now, if they make a tiny misstep, you are in deep deep trouble.

So much to say about a football team you’ve never watched and a police force you’ve never come into contact with......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swansman has unfortunately revealed himself as someone who likes to make sweeping generalisations about large groups of society driven by his own wilful ignorance and prejudice. There's way too much of that unpleasant nonsense at the moment. So sad.

It's like me jumping on a Malmo message board because they've hired a quirky new coach who had some random Portslade connection, obsessively replying to everything on it, deciding I knew better than their fans and thus emailing the CEO wtth my miracle plan and then spending the rest of my time on there posting stuff about the Swedish police and British lockdown system.

In other words, ****ing mental.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
In my line of work (not the police) I come in to daily contact with a large number of people from all sorts of social backgrounds. Old, young, male, female, British, foreign, etc etc and I have heard and still hear daily their life stories and events. The one thing that runs consistently through their stories when police have been mentioned and those that have a dislike/hatred of the police is that at sometime in their lives they have been on the wrong side of the law (more than once on most occasions) and that is where their hostility comes from or failing that, it would be their parents that were the ones getting caught and punished and then teaching their kids to hate the police. I guess that you are at odds with the police because of illegal activities past or present or that your parents passed on these unrational feelings.

#blacklivesMatter

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
They are front line services during Covid and his comments are unwarranted.

As for racist posts, report them and we will take action. No time for racism on NSC and there have been many bans (some permanent) for such comments in the past.

His comments are disgracefull and shows us all the type of person he is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit harsh. He's expressed an opinion that nobody else agrees with, it's not like he's inciting violence.

[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] is generally a decent poster.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Mine is that anyone saying the police are "involuntary cuckolds who need to show how powerful they are by beating or threatening poor people" when they are one spit away from a Covid ward, probably doesn't have their priorities aligned in a normal fashion.

And this is the person who has

- only come here because of our manager
- suggested a sex dungeon under the Amex
- emailed Paul Barber to tell him what is wrong on behalf of *all* of us
- promoted drug use (I'm an ex-raver before you start, but this isn't the time or place for it)

And that's in a few months.

He's a bellend and, as ever, we've been lenient.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't even agree with Swansman but getting a ban for an opinion about the police seems very harsh when racist posts are tolerated.

This. How does that constitute a ban when our resident bigots get away with all kinds of bollocks?

He continued to slag off the police after fellow Albion fans had posted they are ex police or have, or had family in the force.
I'm not offended by his comments but I know some decent serving police officers, 2 are life long Albion fans.
I have many customers that are police or ex police, all decent people.

Good riddance IMO.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's like me jumping on a Malmo message board because they've hired a quirky new coach who had some random Portslade connection, obsessively replying to everything on it, deciding I knew better than their fans and thus emailing the CEO wtth my miracle plan and then spending the rest of my time on there posting stuff about the Swedish police and British lockdown system.

In other words, ****ing mental.

It is a credit to many on NSC that Swansman was not just tolerated but protected by some.

I had him on ignore once he Had fessed up to having never been to an Albion game.

Why would anyone be interested in the Seagulls-related views of someone with so little insight?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Law should have been stamped down after the first protest went nasty, Sadiq khan and others sympathised with it and so that escalated into vandalism of statues and more violence by people who saw this and knew there were no repercussions, which then caused a group of EDL goons to go and ‘protect’ these monuments because there’s no faith in the police to do it. I don’t blame the police per say more the powers in charge.

All of this during a global pandemic, 2020. What a pile of shit, all we need now is to get relegated to top it off.

I’m not anti-police in the slightest but police tactics used in such situations often determine whether tensions are escalated or de-escalated between protestors and the police. The kind of harsher responses that many seem to cry out for, only result in more violence. The BLM protests started peacefully by all accounts and only turned violent when police started kettling and charging at protestors on horseback, resulting in injured protestors and officers. The questions is, was that sort of response necessary when the protests had been, up until that point, peaceful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Mine is that anyone saying the police are "involuntary cuckolds who need to show how powerful they are by beating or threatening poor people" when they are one spit away from a Covid ward, probably doesn't have their priorities aligned in a normal fashion.

And this is the person who has

- only come here because of our manager
- suggested a sex dungeon under the Amex
- emailed Paul Barber to tell him what is wrong on behalf of *all* of us
- promoted drug use (I'm an ex-raver before you start, but this isn't the time or place for it)

And that's in a few months.

He's a bellend and, as ever, we've been lenient.

Before the PB email, he came across imho as harmless, a bit naive and eccentric, it was interesting having overseas input on Graham Potter and over stuff.

Since his return, and I said this to him in an early subsequent thread, it’s as if he’s trying to recover that embarrassment, with posts that are quite often passive aggressive, also with a fanatical reverence to Icke and the 5G/vaccination baloney, etc. He has a completely different virtual NSC persona, from that before.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not anti-police in the slightest but police tactics used in such situations often determine whether tensions are escalated or de-escalated between protestors and the police. The kind of harsher responses that many seem to cry out for, only result in more violence. The BLM protests started peacefully by all accounts and only turned violent when police started kettling and charging at protestors on horseback, resulting in injured protestors and officers. The questions is, was that sort of response necessary when the protests had been, up until that point, peaceful.

The crowd turned violent when the police wouldn’t let them go past the the Downing Street barrier. It was all caught on TV reels, a policeman punched. It was protesting thugs looking for violence, whereas 95% elsewhere behaved well.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The crowd turned violent when the police wouldn’t let them go past the the Downing Street barrier. It was all caught on TV reels, a policeman punched. It was protesting thugs looking for violence, whereas 95% elsewhere behaved well.

According to people I know who were there, it turned violent when police started to kettle protestors, a tactic that almost always ends in scuffles between protestors and police. From there it escalated, according to the accounts I’ve been told and have read. I have no reason to doubt their trustworthiness, but I am cautious about the narrative often played out in the press.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m not anti-police in the slightest but police tactics used in such situations often determine whether tensions are escalated or de-escalated between protestors and the police. The kind of harsher responses that many seem to cry out for, can result in more violence. The BLM protests started peacefully by all accounts and only turned violent when police started kettling and charging at protestors on horseback, resulting in injured protestors and officers. The questions is, was that sort of response necessary when the protests had been, up until that point, peaceful.

With you on the highlighted and amended bit.....cant agree on the all accounts bit....seen and heard enough to think otherwise ..I think the police (from what I have seen) re these protests have been incredibly tolerant

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't even agree with Swansman but getting a ban for an opinion about the police seems very harsh when racist posts are tolerated.

So glad someone said what you just said.

Not only was Swansman's Ban inappropriate but he raised issues which could have been discussed because the Police in this country have acted questionably in the past in this Country.

People rounded in on him like a pack of wolves. I think Swansman gets a raw deal on here sometimes.

Some of his posts can be a wee bit off the wall occasionally but he doesn't come across as an evil or wicked person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here