Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Manager

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stats are there for a reason.

Why the hell are you mentioning colour,race etc into this debate? Stop being an idiot.

You say we should have an English manager "for a change". I am simply pointing out that people of a different nationality (or colour, or sexuality etc) are not "different" to English people in a way that is material to their ability to succeed in a job. On that basis your argument is illogical.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is that just to make sure we go down ? Would be the worst option. I almost hope we lost 9-0 at Fulham just to make sure he doesn't get it.

I have no idea what this pessimism is based on. I firmly believe Nathan Jones is quite capable of managing the current squad to safety this season, and it would allow for a considered and long-term appointment as soon as possible in the summer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You say we should have an English manager "for a change". I am simply pointing out that people of a different nationality (or colour, or sexuality etc) are not "different" to English people in a way that is material to their ability to succeed in a job. On that basis your argument is illogical.

I said a British manager or can't you read?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Couldn't give a toss what their nationality is. They don't need to be one nationality or the other.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Steve-Evans.jpg
:thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
not fussed, my preferred choice is a triumphant return for Oscar.
Hoping Tony hasn't lost faith in the foreign market because of one poor appointment and picks the best man for the job not just because they are British.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why?

1) The stats heavily favor a British manager getting promoted from this league

2) More likely know this league and players

3) Time for a change

1 - Which stats are you using?

2 - Only if they've been involved in this league (there are lots of non-brits that know the division)

3 - we're getting a change whoever comes in (unless it's Poyet, Garcia or Hyypia)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
the British options are all either very unlikely (Pulis) or thoroughly uninspiring (Hughton)........I reckon it will be Rosler

Out of interest, why do you think Uwe Rosler is a more inspiring appointment than Chris Hughton? Rosler was last seen getting the sack from Wigan, a team that won the FA Cup 18 months ago but which he left in the Championship relegation zone while still containing a number of players that had been in that FA Cup winning side. The team he left behind, Brentford, have actually kicked on since he left under Mark Warburton's management.

Hughton might not come up with side splitting press conferences or make punchy one-liners a la Ian Holloway, but he has hitherto achieved far more at Championship level than Rosler.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could we go for Kevin Keegan? Sufficiently continental given his spell in Germany and, being a lad from Doncaster, someone the Britophiles would go for.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Is that just to make sure we go down ? Would be the worst option. I almost hope we lost 9-0 at Fulham just to make sure he doesn't get it.

You mean you hope we lose 8-0?

Personally, I hope we win 9-0 at Fulham regardless of any subsequent management appointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here