Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
She was 15 at the time. If my 15 year old had done something mad, spurred on by the internet and other mad kids, and had then been helped into Turkey by the Canadian secret service, and then into Iraq where she'd been up the duff before she had had time to say 'what's under my Niqāb?', I'd probably be a bit miffed. I may have though '**** her, silly cow', but it's more likely I'd have been miffed. Other opinions are of course available.

She was already in Turkey. The guy involved got her into Syria. The narrative portrayed is that the Canadian secret service got her to ISIS when in reality it is looks to be some guy serving both sides who then later sent her (and others) details to the Canadians who were using the info to monitor the flow of people to ISIS. It looks like she is now trying to exploit this 'relationship' to get her citizenship back.

Regards her age etc , the argument does have some weight to how culpable she was but I am not sure it is relevant to this part of the story.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She was already in Turkey. The guy involved got her into Syria. The narrative portrayed is that the Canadian secret service got her to ISIS when in reality it is looks to be some guy serving both sides who then later sent her (and others) details to the Canadians who were using the info to monitor the flow of people to ISIS. It looks like she is now trying to exploit this 'relationship' to get her citizenship back.

Regards her age etc , the argument does have some weight to how culpable she was but I am not sure it is relevant to this part of the story.

For me, on reflection, some years after the start of it all, it's the whole story. We Brits seem to get into a horrible pickle over the roles of rights, responsibility and age, whether it be in relation to criminal responsibility or victimhood.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am throwing my vote into team redemption on this one. I am not best placed to decide where she sits on this (none of us are really) but I would think it was the decent thing to do to allow a pathway back from a huge mistake. Again I am not furnished with the details of what led her to make her decision but she was 15 and in my opinion too young to be punished for that bad choice for the rest of her life (and possibly her children's too).

Treating people like shit just adds fuel to the fire of those that hate 'the west'. If we can't do it for general human decency then lets do it to remove a little fuel.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am throwing my vote into team redemption on this one. I am not best placed to decide where she sits on this (none of us are really) but I would think it was the decent thing to do to allow a pathway back from a huge mistake. Again I am not furnished with the details of what led her to make her decision but she was 15 and in my opinion too young to be punished for that bad choice for the rest of her life (and possibly her children's too).

Treating people like shit just adds fuel to the fire of those that hate 'the west'. If we can't do it for general human decency then lets do it to remove a little fuel.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here