Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Brit Awards 2023

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don’t embarrass yourself , you are talking about 2 legends that had careers over a long period of time , no one will remember wet fish or DC even in 5 years . I’ve couldn’t tell you any of there songs cos their crap !
It seems you can’t even remember Wet Leg over 5 minutes

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be fair , I don’t know anyone whose ever heard of them within my friends set both here in Sussex & across the pond .
They’ve been everywhere the last few years. Tune your radio to BBC 6 and you’ll hear them daily, hourly. The Isle of Wight’s finest export since...err...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair , I don’t know anyone whose ever heard of them within my friends set both here in Sussex & across the pond .
This reflects on you, not them.

They've been everywhere, including appearances at Glastonbury, Isle of Wight, er The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon etc etc.

A week before the Brits, they won TWO GRAMMYS, ffs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This reflects on you, not them.

They've been everywhere, including appearances at Glastonbury, Isle of Wight, er The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon etc etc.

A week before the Brits, they won TWO GRAMMYS, ffs.
I've been given the Wet Leg a proper go over the last few days and am really enjoying it. I had it somewhat confused with the Dry Cleaning album I bought a while ago and kind of lost interest in.

Enjoyed this youtube documentary too

And found this cover of the Chats

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've been given the Wet Leg a proper go over the last few days and am really enjoying it. I had it somewhat confused with the Dry Cleaning album I bought a while ago and kind of lost interest in.

How weird. Literally finished watching it two mins ago!

(I like Dry Cleaning, but a bit of a one trick pony sadly)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How weird. Literally finished watching it two mins ago!

(I like Dry Cleaning, but a bit of a one trick pony sadly)

Yeah a bit samey but I like it. Will give it another spin later.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Big fan of that YouTube channel with the documentaries, saw them at Green Man about a year and a half ago, was a big fan of the songs before they were released. They’re playing arenas, they were the first act on at Green Man festival and were just happy people turned up, crazy.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
True but way more original artists ,
Older person in not understanding/refusing to recognise new music shocker.

There is and always has been some absolute shyte music around. Can't believe you even mentioned musicians from the 80s in your argument - I love a lot of music that came out of the 80s, but come on, there was also a huge amount of terrible, terrible pop music through that era especially.

The variety of music available to consume now is greater than ever. Huge amount of choice in what you listen to.

I'm no spring chicken for the record

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's a very good album. It doesn't do anything hugely new but it's full of good pop songs

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If they are indeed from the Isle of White ( is it actually an island ) then I understand that’s where level 42 come from . Heard some of their music and it’s decent, far far better than wet face . Just saying .
They were formed In the Isle of Wight in 1979, Mark King the singer and bass player was born there.
Definitely an island, surely you have looked at a map of the UK and noticed the Isle of Wight, it is not far from the coast of Hampshire, it can also be seen from some parts of West Sussex.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Never noticed but as you mentioned it , yes I spot it in the map . It’s not exactly Long Island ! Mark King def is super talented not sure it’s fair to compare his talent with wet face , think they’re just chancers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All these awards are.

Still reckon the best Brit Awards ever was when they had Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox presenting, hilarious
Back in the day the Brits was utter chaos. You had this, then you also had Jarvis vs Jacko with Bob Mortimer at the police station, the Prescott incident, KLF and the dead sheep and performing an Extreme Noise Terror version of their single instead of expected chart hit etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here