Bristol Rovers - Duplicate tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Turned up at Rovers and found a nice empty space as we figured it was sit where you like. After about 5 minutes someone came and asked us to move as we were in their space. As they had kids we were fine with this and so headed to our own seats, thinking it must be allocated seating. We found people in our seats and so asked them to move as we'd been turfed out. They told us that they were in the correct seats and showed us their tickets to back this up.

We eventually found empty seats and ultimately stood there. This wasn't so much a problem for us as the view was still alright, but if was a bit of a shambles from Rovers. My brother spoke to a steward who was making a note of duplicate ticket numbers, as it appeared there were a few others with duplicates.

Anyone else have this issue on Saturday?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Got to the ground with 5 mins to spare and there were people also sat in our designated seats. Had the same ticket numbers apparently. Was told about the duplicate issue and so managed to find somewhere else nearby to sit, thankfully as it was pretty busy in there

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Should have stood and got wet with the real fans.

it stopped drizzling before KO so no one got wet, well my arm did by my COFFEE when we scored our 3rd I think!

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
I had a drink of somebody else's coffee at half time, well i got it all over my face anyway, it was that windy. But hey great afternoon and a great view of Barnes's equaliser from the terrace.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I got told we'd sold all our allocation by a steward, when I tried to move (I had a dreadful view right behind the goal in the fourth row, which meant my view was clear sight of the left half of the pitch, but goal net and crossbar on the other, so the only goals I saw clearly were Barnes's and Murray's). As Notters said, they would not let you move to the terrace. I thought the view at Hartlepool was bad, but that trumped it.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
allocated row B seats which were wet and exposed to the elements so thought we would go to the back of the tent by the corner flag; steward stopped us going in so we just went up the preceding gangway and said sorry as we worked our way to the empty seats we were aiming for in the first place;
sorry if I was in your seat but it looked like an unallocated seats game anyway

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
sorry if I was in your seat but it looked like an unallocated seats game anyway

How did it "look like an unallocated seats game"? ???

The stewards clearly told us to sit in our allocated seats as we approached the front of the stand. It seemed obvious anyway that it was going to be full, so sitting in your allocated seat would be the way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports