Bristol City- Guilty or Not Guilty?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City- Guilty or Not Guilty?

• Guilty- They should've put one in their own net as it was blatently in.

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Not Guilty- The referee has made the decision that it wasn't a goal at the after all.

Votes: 117 73.1%
  • Fence.

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Bristol city took no action to decieve the ref, they just took advantage of his mistake. Brentford's keeper feigned injury to convince the ref he had been fouled when he hadn't, thus encouraging the ref's mistake.

I was right behind the goal, the keeper was clearly impeded. IMHBeesO

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh! If only this sort of thing could happen in an Albion v Palace match !

The referee would be a hero forever..................wouldn't he ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Simon Jordan claims he "Always takes the moral high ground" is the funniest thing about all this.

He "Swears on his daughters life" that if the situation was reversed he would have offered city a replay? I don't think that the FA would allow that to happen anyway so he was on a pretty safe wicket there..

What a penarse that man is. Just f***ing live with it you bleating day-glo barrow boy!

As has been mentioned before, City would have likely been heavily punished if their players had walked the ball into their own net because of the betting issue. Imagine how pleased the bookies would be with that and they were forced to pay out on a score draw. If, and when, it happens to Brighton then I hope I would be pissed off but philosophical. If we were relegated because of it or missed out on promotion then I might view it differently I suppose but ultimately bad decisions are made which can cost you a game & its tough tit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If, and when, it happens to Brighton then I hope I would be pissed off but philosophical. If we were relegated because of it or missed out on promotion then I might view it differently I suppose but ultimately bad decisions are made which can cost you a game & its tough tit.

I would still be philosophical. I mean, you can't say that the points dropped in one game cost relegation more than the points dropped in another game because of a soft goal conceded, or an open goal missed, or the wrong tactics chosen etc.

Unless of course we won every other game yet somehow got relegated, then we'd know those dropped points were what did it...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
f***ing livid that Palace haven't been deducted points for insinuating the match officials were all a bunch of wankers.???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports