Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City fan comes in peace with local info

Aug 23, 2011
Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info.
The Bristol City ticket office is a complete joke,for the last game against
Portsmouth, the the BCFC ticket only sent 1,000 tickets for an away end that holds 2,000.
Tickets for Brighton fans have not been put on sale yet,
but Bristol City have started selling tickets for home fans.
So if any one is in the know can they request Brighton and Hove Albion to ask Bristol City football club that they send the full 2,000 ticket allocation as soon as possible
So I hope as many of as possible can make the trip to Bristol on sat 10th September
Try to buy yer tickets in advance to get any discounts from your own ticket office
If you are bringing your children with you and they still look "YOUNGISH"(the children not you) up to about seven years of age speak to the chief steward or turnstile operator supervisor
before handing over your cash in the turnstiles.
No unkind comments please its your money I'm trying to keep in your pockets
If you are one of those fans who like to keep ticket stubs of your away games no ticket stubs are issued at the turnstiles,so buy your tickets in advance
We have a new ticket system at Ashton just put your purchased in advance ticket with the bar code towards the "HOLE" coloured portion facing upwards into said ticket machine
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but traffic in central Bristol is awfull it is the height of the holiday season and you will see more caravan's that you have ever seen in your life.
A BIG WARNING please set out VERY VERY early otherwise you might end up missing the start of the game.
If you are coming by train
Try to use the the local railway station to parson street it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground by train,there is one an hour at XX:25 minutes past the hour which is a connection off the trains from London that leave at XX:30 past the hour as public transport to Ashton gate is very poor.
Although the light brown buse's behind the Atyeo stand will take you direct back to Bristol Temple Meads after the game
The ground is designated not smoking but there always seem to be load of fag ends by the toilet block.
PUBS best ones for away fans in any of the three on Cumberland Road near the motorway/road complex end of Cumberland Roadactually known as hotwells.
Casualty and Hobly City are filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the right hand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
The market scene where the footballers manaquins are cut into the wall are at the away end of the ground in the club car park
Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
Be prepared to be searched by the stewards.
Don't think their will be many Police at the game if Avon and Somerset Police are in attendance they will
be on "AWARENESS" excercise's.
Regarding the food outlet in the ground its crap, staffed by agency staff whose purpose is to do as little as possible
KFC can be seen from the away end(two minutes walk, honest) and sainsburys store is five minutes
with restaurant
Pubs possibly best ones are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house
no booze is sold in the ground
Buy your match day programme before you enter the your away end,which comes with a free copy of the local paper.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 for your game against us.
If you want any further info,please ask.
See you all on 10 september

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did Pompey only have a thousand tickets because they had to pay in advance ??? I dont suppose BCFC wanted to send out 2,000 tickets and only get back a credit note :lol:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Jesus that's thourough! Cracking city for a few beers and can always jump in cabs to ground! Remember winning 1-0 there in 2001 and atmosphere was immense in our end! Really reckon we should take 1200+

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
My final away game before moving to Sheffield, looking forward to it.

I'm sure the tickets will be out soon, so no worries.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Rep given for such a thorough review. Hope some of the away fans we have had on here of late stick around and continue posting.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Hate going to Ashton gate, remember the game in the late 80,s think we got beat 5-3 ? Lost our long unbeaten run, remember old bill giving Brighton fans a lift back to temple meads in their vans.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hate going to Ashton gate, remember the game in the late 80,s think we got beat 5-3 ? Lost our long unbeaten run, remember old bill giving Brighton fans a lift back to temple meads in their vans.

Yep,was it new years day??.I think us and City were both near the top and there was a big crowd there that day.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Question for you Never to the dark side .....I was thinking about parking at Sainsburys and walking across, what do you reckon, good plan or do Sainsburys get a bit funny about football parking?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Yep,was it new years day??.I think us and City were both near the top and there was a big crowd there that day.

Remember it well. December 28th 1987. Lost 5-2. Were 3-0 down at h-t and got back to 3-2 through Nelson and Wood. Ended our 18 match unbeaten run. About 18,000 there

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My birthday so Mrs has treated me to a weekend - staying in Barf - luvverly!

When will tickets be on sale?

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
aaah - my only "home" game of the season.

Last time I went to City v Albion was my wedding day. Who said romance was dead...

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info.
The Bristol City ticket office is a complete joke,for the last game against
Portsmouth, the the BCFC ticket only sent 1,000 tickets for an away end that holds 2,000.
Tickets for Brighton fans have not been put on sale yet,
but Bristol City have started selling tickets for home fans.
So if any one is in the know can they request Brighton and Hove Albion to ask Bristol City football club that they send the full 2,000 ticket allocation as soon as possible
So I hope as many of as possible can make the trip to Bristol on sat 10th September
Try to buy yer tickets in advance to get any discounts from your own ticket office
If you are bringing your children with you and they still look "YOUNGISH"(the children not you) up to about seven years of age speak to the chief steward or turnstile operator supervisor
before handing over your cash in the turnstiles.
No unkind comments please its your money I'm trying to keep in your pockets
If you are one of those fans who like to keep ticket stubs of your away games no ticket stubs are issued at the turnstiles,so buy your tickets in advance
We have a new ticket system at Ashton just put your purchased in advance ticket with the bar code towards the "HOLE" coloured portion facing upwards into said ticket machine
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but traffic in central Bristol is awfull it is the height of the holiday season and you will see more caravan's that you have ever seen in your life.
A BIG WARNING please set out VERY VERY early otherwise you might end up missing the start of the game.
If you are coming by train
Try to use the the local railway station to parson street it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground by train,there is one an hour at XX:25 minutes past the hour which is a connection off the trains from London that leave at XX:30 past the hour as public transport to Ashton gate is very poor.
Although the light brown buse's behind the Atyeo stand will take you direct back to Bristol Temple Meads after the game
The ground is designated not smoking but there always seem to be load of fag ends by the toilet block.
PUBS best ones for away fans in any of the three on Cumberland Road near the motorway/road complex end of Cumberland Roadactually known as hotwells.
Casualty and Hobly City are filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the right hand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
The market scene where the footballers manaquins are cut into the wall are at the away end of the ground in the club car park
Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
Be prepared to be searched by the stewards.
Don't think their will be many Police at the game if Avon and Somerset Police are in attendance they will
be on "AWARENESS" excercise's.
Regarding the food outlet in the ground its crap, staffed by agency staff whose purpose is to do as little as possible
KFC can be seen from the away end(two minutes walk, honest) and sainsburys store is five minutes
with restaurant
Pubs possibly best ones are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house
no booze is sold in the ground
Buy your match day programme before you enter the your away end,which comes with a free copy of the local paper.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 for your game against us.
If you want any further info,please ask.
See you all on 10 september

No offence meant but Ashton Gate sounds AWFUL. No booze, no food, searched by stewards You'll tell us next that the seats aren't padded!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Question for you Never to the dark side .....I was thinking about parking at Sainsburys and walking across, what do you reckon, good plan or do Sainsburys get a bit funny about football parking?

Do you really expect to be able to park in a Sainsburys car park for free whilst you go to a football match ????

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Do you really expect to be able to park in a Sainsburys car park for free whilst you go to a football match ????
Yep. I've parked at retail parks/supermarkets in other towns (I did at Cardiff last week), I was asking if they check for 'machday parkers' at this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here