Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City bid SIX MILLION POUNDS for Palace strker

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With Yannick looking like he's going to Spurs sooner rather than later, that would be worth a few million.

I really hope that happens. If only because some Palace idiot was telling the world a fortnight or so ago that he'd got the words "Yannick Bolasie" tattooed on his arse cheek while (presumably) drunk on some horrendous cheap package holiday in Shagaluf or wherever :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gayle has a record of 1 goal every 164 minutes in the PL. That's not a poor record by any stretch of the imagination. For comparison, Southampton's Pelle has a record of 1 goal every 274 minutes. Lukaku at Everton gets a goal every 194 minutes.

It sounds better when you put it that way than "twelve goals in two seasons", doesn't it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Regardless, Gayle has to be worth a good £8m in the current market. He does have a good scoring record in the Premier League, especially given how sporadically he has been used.

He's approaching 25 though - he needs to start playing regularly very soon.

What's your thoughts on this journo's tweet? Someone at palace playing games? Seems like they can't forget the obsession to me (I'm thinking of the pathetic bullshit thing in the metro re singing movers)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's your thoughts on this journo's tweet? Someone at palace playing games? Seems like they can't forget the obsession to me (I'm thinking of the pathetic bullshit thing in the metro re singing movers)

No idea at all. I can't see us stumping up that kind of cash for any player, so the only possibility of it happening would be a Dunk + cash thing. I guess that would work for all parties.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I really hope that happens. If only because some Palace idiot was telling the world a fortnight or so ago that he'd got the words "Yannick Bolasie" tattooed on his arse cheek while (presumably) drunk on some horrendous cheap package holiday in Shagaluf or wherever :D

Oh dear, oh dear. :ffsparr: :lol:

Yannick is a top drawer player with the potential to dominate any defense in the league. Unfortunately he also has a tendancy to send his shots out for a throw-in. He's an enigma and you never know whether you're going to get a bit of world class skill or Conference standard finishing. I don't think Tottenham will be as forgiving as we are in that regard, but if his head has been turned then there's not much we can do except pocket our £15m-20m and wish him all the best.

It sounds better when you put it that way than "twelve goals in two seasons", doesn't it?

It's hard to score goals when you aren't playing. :nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's at it again.

BennettsFieldBunny ‏@BennettsField 7m7 minutes ago
Club transfer record is going to be broken in the next few days. We are "going for it" #bhafc

Oh dear. The bunny hasn't been very reliable in the past.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Soccer sauce says Bmuff looking to pay £7.5mill for Gayle

On the one hand, Soccer Sauce is a pile of steaming horseshit.

On the other hand, he's exactly the sort of player that would fit into their system of fast, all out attack, so if they haven't looked at him, it would be a surprise. Up front is where they've struggled to sign new players over the summer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's at it again.

BennettsFieldBunny ‏@BennettsField 7m7 minutes ago
Club transfer record is going to be broken in the next few days. We are "going for it" #bhafc

Oh dear. The bunny hasn't been very reliable in the past.

I think I've been told this rumour / seen this rumour about 10 times in the last few weeks. Even if the rumour happened the bunny is slow off the mark if he is hedging his bets / guessing....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lol this is quite clearly a rumour started by a Palace troll.

That's normally my first thought - especially with that shite in the metro this week. We know many have an unhealthy obsession with us and the weasels that post 20 times a day on here make us extra vigilant to the levels of sheer sadness some will go to to continue their obsession with BHA... However it's weird that this one came from a journo who (unless IS palace - although is Italian & covers Leeds!) shouldn't be spouting stuff without hard evidence. It's a strange one and can't see it being true but just seems odd...

Worth noting he said Leeds were in for Frazier Campbell in Jan (or in talks) and has been convinced since 5th August that Benzema will join Arsenal - this could show how credible he is..? (I have no interest or knowledge on whether he is likely to go to Arsenal...)

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That's normally my first thought - especially with that shite in the metro this week. We know many have an unhealthy obsession with us and the weasels that post 20 times a day on here make us extra vigilant to the levels of sheer sadness some will go to to continue their obsession with BHA... However it's weird that this one came from a journo who (unless IS palace?!) shouldn't be spouting stuff without hard evidence. It's a strange one and can't see it being true but just seems odd...

It's too odd to ever be realistic. Hull are apparently in for him now too, it's absolutely never going to happen, it's unrealistic and it's very 'convenient' how this story randomly pop up after many of us were skeptical about the price tag on his move to bristol city.

You know what they say if it smells like a palace troll rumour, looks like a palace troll rumour ect it probably :definitely) is one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here