Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brining back Top of the Pops?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I wouldn't watch it, not with all the music channels.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Wouldn't watch it on ITV. Good idea to bring it back though, music channels can't compare because they don't show live performances.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It is the eighth wonder of the world (well my world anyhoo) that TOTP ever got taken off the air. Okay the ratings may have plummeted, but you cannot tell me that shows like Last of the Summer Wine pull in more viewers than TOTP did, there must be tons of BBC shows that had worse ratings when the plug was pulled on TOTP....surely?!?!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
you cannot tell me that shows like Last of the Summer Wine pull in more viewers than TOTP did

Writer Roy Clarke must have in his possession some really incriminating blackmail photos of BBC top brass in order to get that dross commissioned year after year.

Still, it keeps old people off the streets I suppose.

To make this clear, I'm pretty sure i read its NOT all of TOTP being brought back, Cowell will just buy rights to the XMAS special, which has been outrageously (in some peoples minds) not taking place anymore.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
To be honest, if Cowell does manage to buy the rights he will certainly make it a success. He clearly knows how to pull in big TV ratings.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Does that mean that each artist will need to have a 'sob story' to tell the audience before they perfrom?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I reckon it would be a Xmas special, with Dermot O'leary presenting it, with The Winner of the Xfactor doing there first "Live" Performance after Xfactor and a few current Bands doing old school Xmas songs with a few Adverts in between.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Does that mean that each artist will need to have a 'sob story' to tell the audience before they perfrom?

Nope, they would only need to be signed to Sony's record label as Cowell as a some sort of deal with them!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

made friday teatime bearable. Brilliant show

Remember Paul Young and his two backing singers " rich bitches" doing the song "Sex" with huge nipplage on show.....

marvellous scenes

Jan 30, 2008
GINGER PRODUCTIONS TFI FRIDAY broadcast live on a friday then along comes shaun rider starts throwing a few fucks about , then the shows delayed by half an hour for editing purposes ,anyone remember the naked football match with gazza,chris evans and a few others :lol:

Last edited:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
As soon as Dave Lee "Hairy Monster" Travis has finished his hilarious comedy intro.

Hairy Cornflake, surely.

Have you heard about the time John Peel was invited to DLT's house? Having looked around the house for a bit John noticed that he couldn't see any records about.
"Where do you keep your records, Dave?" Peel asked.
"Oh, I don't have any records, they tend to attract the dust" came the reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here