Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brigton Micropub - latest

Dec 29, 2011
I was sort of thinking we'd use our real names...

And as for the name of this boozer, nothing has been decided yet, as we are only in very early discussions. Although personally I quite like the idea of basing the name on the premises and its former uses, as with The Butcher's Arms

Make a few name options, put up a poll and let the people decide. Get a bit of NSC involved too :D

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The old Bevendean Hotel (pub) has just been extensivly re-furbished and, although not all the building is pub (flats above) permission has been given for a community pub and they are desperatly seeking interested parties.

Might be a bit far from central Brighton but is in the Amex part of town. Worth a look?

I think they're well down the path to sorting that out. I believe they have some funding too. There was a meeting last night to discuss plans, I'd like to have gone but I was otherwise engaged.

But anyone who knows the Bevendean will know that it's a long, long way from being a micropub - it's huge.

Look forward to meeting people next week. All we have at the moment is a blank sheet of paper, it will be fun to put some flesh on the ideas.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Make a few name options, put up a poll and let the people decide. Get a bit of NSC involved too :D

This thread is crying out for some suggested pub names (good luck with it all by the way).

I'm going with...

The Merry Troll
(with a main Binfest Bar, and Fixtures Snug)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I was sort of thinking we'd use our real names...

And as for the name of this boozer, nothing has been decided yet, as we are only in very early discussions. Although personally I quite like the idea of basing the name on the premises and its former uses, as with The Butcher's Arms

The Cock Well Inne ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Deal micro pub never seen one before ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339848296.273912.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
with a bit of luck I'll be able to pop along on Wednesday as this sounds interesting ................. and the meeting is in a pub

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Talking of pubs starting up everyday I past that boarded up house near Falmer on the corner by the train tunnel you pass under to get to BACA? I think it'd make a good little pub could be made studentie during the week and football on weekends.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
All the very best. I will watch this thread with interest, and will pop in for a pint if you open (even though normally a lager man, but I do enjoy Oxford Gold).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you need help with financing, it might be worth using Kickstarter (Kickstarter dot com)

You set up a range of packages and an amount you need. People pledge money for a package which is binding if you reach your target - money not taken if you don't.

Not sure how you can use it but maybe worth consideration. £100 buys you an invite to opening night, £500 gets a beer named after you, £2000 gets the pub named after you etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here