Brighton's wage bill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think one of highest paid is on around £5K a week.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Some of our squad are on £400 a week

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Btw Bensgrandad Ned & I combined don't earn £30K

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Some of our squad are on £400 a week

Err I would add a nought to that :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Err I would add a nought to that :p

I am serious. There is one player on that and then on a goal bonus of £1000 per goal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
I am serious. There is one player on that and then on a goal bonus of £1000 per goal

I would suggest that player sacks his agent then. That is seriously crap money for being in the Championship.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
That is p..s poor I should get another job.

Maybe they enjoy their jobs ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
That is p..s poor I should get another job.

Such as?

Ned works in a factory and I work in an office

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Some of the younger and less established players may be on low money; take into account £17k per annum for Robinson at 17, the likes of Virgo and Harding won't be on much more than that.

Although 17k works out at £325 a week, which for a 17 year old is good but is a pretty piss poor wage, especially for a 2nd division football player, so most of them will be on a lot more than that.

Pitcher was on £1300 a week.

I would imagine Knight, Cullip and Kuipers/Roberts are high earners, with Butters still matching the top earner. Giving Knight a low wage and a high goal bonus is one way of not paying Butters so much.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Possibly not.

Will Packham and Danny Marney are doing very well combining money from non league football with working for Marney's dads window sales company.

Simon Rodger's wife has a well paid job, as did Paul Rogers before he started pro football.

Geoff Pitcher runs a sucessful building company and Dave Lee has done reasonably well in his acting career impersonating a football player.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Richie Morris said:
Whatever they are on I would imagine it is more then most of them would get paid if they were not footballers.

You're probably right Richie.

:smokin:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fatboy said:
Simon Rodger's wife has a well paid job, as did Paul Rogers before he started pro football.

Paul Roger worked in the city and I would imagine was on quite good money

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I cannot imagine Knight having a job. Butters would be a labouror. Cullip a doorman. Roberts a waitor in a Cardiff restaurant. Jones a sales rep. Chippie would live off the land like in Tom and Barbara in the Good Life and Charlie would work in an east end boxing gym.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports