• David Stockdale

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • Tomasz Kuszczak

Votes: 87 51.8%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I disagree entirely. If Casper had put in those 7 performances, with no obviosu flaps or big blunders, people would have considered those very tidy performances from him. Expectations of Stockdale are (rightly) a bit higher.

It would have been hard for him to make a blunder if every goal bound shot had whizzed past him.

Anyway this will all be put to bed when Stockdale has a blinder tomorrow night :thumbsup:

I like Casper so I may be more blind to his faults than most, he ha good feet and has been a great servant to the club. I am happy with him as number 2 or even 3 if Walton gets a look in.

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
My interpretation of the question posed by Bozza is that Albion are planning to bring Kuszczak back to the club.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
IMHO, He has made one significant error, the first goal against Bolton, for which he held his hands up and apologised to his team mates. The other goals he has conceded are down to poor defending and players having shots on goal when they had no right to have them.
This is probably a lot to do with so many new faces not knowing each others games, and a lack of pace in the defence and holding midfield.
Bridcutt read the game so well, as soon as either full back went forward, e would drop into a covering position, this isnt happening at the moment.
I have concearns about Stockie not coming for crosses, I think he is unsure as to wether his defenders are going to get there, which they aren't.
But to castigate the bloke, as has been done on this thread, is piss poor in my opinion.
Kusch was absolute dog-s*** the last month of last season, I dont remember anybody saying Walton should be selected in front of him.
As for BGs brother taking the piss out of NSC as being the font of all knowledge, if he if so f*****g clever, why does BG have to ask NSC to help him out so much with his Techie problems and parking tickets to name only two.
Why not get on the phone to your brother.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO,

As for BGs brother taking the piss out of NSC as being the font of all knowledge, if he if so f*****g clever, why does BG have to ask NSC to help him out so much with his Techie problems and parking tickets to name only two.
Why not get on the phone to your brother.

Because he was reffering to football knowledge not other issues. My sons do not post on here and slate me for doing so saying much the same about the football tactical knowledge expressed, but I find it quite ammusing the different opinions expressed and the general banter.

This thread is a good example of this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have to say that this evening Stockdale looked like a goal keeper for the first time this season he was coming to collect the ball, his catching was good and he made a couple of decent saves. Their keeper kept them in th game with 3 very good saves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having watched the goals on TV I wonder if my view at the ground didnt give a true reflection. I think Stockdale could and should have held the first shot that was pushed in by Parr and what was he doing outside of his penalty box and having to scurry back for the 2nd so perhaps I am giving him too much credit.

He did however, make a couple of decent saves so lets look forward to him having no shots to save today.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My biggest critiscim of Stockdale for his size he doesnt command the box and come for crosses and stays on his line too much. TK got away with this because he was a good on the line shot stopper and I have yet to see that with Stockdale.

I was thinking the same in terms of dominating their area. Neither has impressed me and rarely stray off their line to any great degree**

Jury's out for me but if forced to make a judgement now I'd go for Stockdale, recent history says he's a good keeper with much more to come, time will tell.

** Apart from last 3 minutes where one wins hands down!

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was thinking the same in terms of dominating their area. Neither has impressed me and rarely stray off their line to any great degree*7

This applies when the ball is in play in the penalty box but DS tends to wander well outside of his box or at least up to the edge of it, when we are attacking and as result had to try to scurry back for Ipswich 2nd goal.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What has stockdale done wrong exactly?

He's done nothing wrong, it's the opposition for not having enough shots at goal for him to have to save and the few that there have been would have been unstoppable to virtually any keeper (including PIG) and apparently thats's enough to question his ability and place in the team.........- WHAT!!!!

It's a joke that 'fans' are questioning Stockdale as our keeper but then thats to be expected by some of our so called 'fans' who feel the need to moan and complain about at least one player every day (El-Abd, Barnes, etc....) as it's their raison d'etre and it's best ignored by the majority for what it really is.

How would Stockdale have fared under Gus and Garcia and the solid defensive approach? How would PIG have fared under Hyppia's more attacking approach? - we don't know.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Genuine question for those who voted Stockdale,

What is it you have seen that would make you choose him over TK? Or is it just he cost £1m, he must be good?

PIG made mistakes, he didn't inspire confidence in me at times and seemed no better than Ankergren to me at times but Ankergren hasn't been forgiven for an unfortunate punch against Rochdale(?) at Withdean several seasons ago).

Stockdale is our keeper, he has done very little wrong in a team who don't seem to want to base their game plan on a solid defense (due to tactics) so to judge him as if he had the same defensive ability from the outfield players in front of him as PIG had and then to write him off as not good enough is a bit harsh imo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale made 1 good save and 1 good catch from a cross today, mind it was one of the very few times he touched the ball. The biggest point against him was the time he spent standing between our penalty box and the half way line and a keeper with a good long kick like Paul Robinson at Blackburn could easily catch him out and loop the ball over him.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Stockdale made 1 good save and 1 good catch from a cross today, mind it was one of the very few times he touched the ball. The biggest point against him was the time he spent standing between our penalty box and the half way line and a keeper with a good long kick like Paul Robinson at Blackburn could easily catch him out and loop the ball over him.
You talk utter rubbish! I wasn't there today so can't comment on today, but he won't be half way up his half when the opposition keeper has it! #clueless

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shows you how wrong you can be when your are not there and watching the game and then post a comment. He was when we were attacking so if a shot goes to the keeper he can then launch a long kick and DS wouldnt get back in time, as per Tuesday night against Ipswich, and the 2nd goal.

Leave the football to those that were there and watched it and go back to your playdo or FIFA game.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Shows you how wrong you can be when your are not there and watching the game and then post a comment. He was when we were attacking so if a shot goes to the keeper he can then launch a long kick and DS wouldnt get back in time, as per Tuesday night against Ipswich, and the 2nd goal.

Leave the football to those that were there and watched it and go back to your playdo or FIFA game.

So he is not half way up his half when the keeper has it is he? You really have no knowledge of the positioning of goalkeepers. No I wasn't there today but I didn't need to be to know you are talking your normal shite. You seem to have a problem with Stockdale that you can't get over and just make your self look clueless when you comment on here regarding DS.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

How often does a keeper score and how many goals has Stockdale conceded via that method?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It was not so much his performance today which was fine, more the "happy with a point" comment afterwards. That sounds like somebody who is used to losing a lot of games ie with Fulham last year, not a winners mentality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here