Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Writers Wanted

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this thread is just what we wanted whilst waiting for the new season to start......I will order the Indian take aways to be delivered every hour....on the hour! :lol:

Pizzas ordered for delivery on the hour for the next three days

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are a few people on NSC who cover a wide range of Albion related subjects, and I think that sites like this will always run out of steam because people like to read about their own team. There is only so much reading time available.

I personally read:

www.thegoldstonewrap.com from the great NSC Rapper himself (now semi-retired but hopefully back from time to time)

http://notworththat.wordpress.com/ another NSC'er (can't remember who it is)

http://brightononlyathome.wordpress.com/ from Guinness Boy

These offer far more insight, and are one of the reasons I rarely write about football myself. We already have enough excellent writers on NSC.

Add to that seagulls.tv and I think we are somewhat spoilt on this forum.

Last edited:

Once upon a time, when Lady B was a jobbing journo, she had a deal with Teletext to give them one paragraph a week about the Albion. I never came across anyone who ever admitted to reading her contributions. But at least they paid her.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Once upon a time, when Lady B was a jobbing journo, she had a deal with Teletext to give them one paragraph a week about the Albion. I never came across anyone who ever admitted to reading her contributions. But at least they paid her.

Tell the good Lady that I was among her readers. Teletext, what a frustration waiting for the weather forecast that was.

thematch

Jun 27, 2014
Alright Guys,

Thought id call in again

Enjoyed reading the comments...some good banter!

Sure the idea isn't for everyone but we do have a lot of interest from budding writers.
We are new...only starting at beginning of the month and are only currently displaying articles for league 2 teams and the world cup.
This will change when we have articles for the onboard writers we have.

Hopefully we will turn out better than this guy you refer to but who knows....this isn't our day jobs so don't worry!

My £50 is in the post

All the best for the new season....will be an interesting year!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I had a mate back in the mid 80's who somehow wrote a weekly 500 words for the Racing Post on the football league highlights for the coming weekend....he git paid £75....when that was a decent sum of dosh...... money and old rope spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here