Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton won't be bullied into selling Caicedo

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think we're starting from annoy other clubs now, we've come a long way from selling Mark Beeny to keep the lights on

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not something I care about.

What I do now care about, thanks to you is what's happening at Dundee United?
I have a mate who's a Dundee Utd supporter. He keeps me fully updated on the chaos at that club - the Scottish equivalent of Watford

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a mate who's a Dundee Utd supporter. ***You've let yourself down here*** he keeps me fully updated on the chaos at that club - the Scottish equivalent of Watford
😆

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Shagger Hislop loses his mind.

Very funny. Brighton fans who have watched Sanchez every week for 3 years think it’s a good deal but man who has watched him twice in his lifetime thinks it’s a giveaway.

I like Hislop and at times he does talk sense about the game but when it comes to Brighton, he hasn’t got a clue.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If Chelsea had bid £90m at the start I think they would have had their man. Now I think it very much depends on the discussions between the Albion and Moises. If Caceido is willing to continue playing (I think he will), then we may refuse this offer. However this figure maybe considered close enough by him and his camp that they feel we should accept.

Chelsea should just get on with it and we‘ll all find out, the endgame is finally approaching.

Nice piece from Sky there. A refreshing watch
Bloom has seen how much Rice was sold for , he signed anew contract , we don’t need to sell , I reckon they want £105 million , so why settle for £90 million , would you write off 15million

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Very funny. Brighton fans who have watched Sanchez every week for 3 years think it’s a good deal but man who has watched him twice in his lifetime thinks it’s a giveaway.

I like Hislop and at times he does talk sense about the game but when it comes to Brighton, he hasn’t got a clue.
To be fair we all think it's a good deal in the context that he is clearly out of the picture and isn't going to be picked. It's a "free" 25m for us.

I get it from a pundits point of view seeing that Chelsea are getting a very good young goalkeeper with PL experience for 25m.

It's a good deal all round.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Chelsea had bid £90m at the start I think they would have had their man. Now I think it very much depends on the discussions between the Albion and Moises. If Caceido is willing to continue playing (I think he will), then we may refuse this offer. However this figure maybe considered close enough by him and his camp that they feel we should accept.

Chelsea should just get on with it and we‘ll all find out, the endgame is finally approaching.

Nice piece from Sky there. A refreshing watch
Caicedo’s camp? Just a few months ago a 21 year old became (probably) the highest paid player at the club on a 4/5 year contract with his camp’s blessing. We turned down £70m from then champions-elect Arsenal and a new contract was agreed. There is an end game. None of us know what it will be, BUT it is possible to read the signs. The interpretation from Sky/Twitter and pundits will be that the lure of mid table, non-European football Chelsea‘s money is too powerful for Brighton and their player to resist. The interpretation from looking at actualities is that if he leaves - Brighton will trouser much, much more than reported or imagined.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be fair we all think it's a good deal in the context that he is clearly out of the picture and isn't going to be picked. It's a "free" 25m for us.

I get it from a pundits point of view seeing that Chelsea are getting a very good young goalkeeper with PL experience for 25m.

True, but Big Bob is a potentially excellent young goalkeeper who is only going to get better, and could prove a huge bargain for the Chels especially as he'll be working with Ben Roberts again. Personally I'm disappointed that he's going as I think his distribution and footwork is something that could have been worked on and improved, while his size and reflexes are gifts of nature.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Exactly. Sanchez has a much better chance of becoming no.1 at Chelsea than he has of getting his place back at Brighton. Shaka is right too that if £40M for Raya is the bench mark, then Chelsea have got Sanchez for a very good price.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Despite their established big six bias, every time i've seen sky discuss Caicedo, they have seemed to defend Brighton's positions, and not suggested we're being unreasonable or getting above ourselves, etc. It's quite refreshing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think we're starting from annoy other clubs now, we've come a long way from selling Mark Beeny to keep the lights on
On the contrary, I've seen Man City and Arsenal fans standing up for us, when Chelsea 'fans' are whinging.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
True, but Big Bob is a potentially excellent young goalkeeper who is only going to get better, and could prove a huge bargain for the Chels especially as he'll be working with Ben Roberts again. Personally I'm disappointed that he's going as I think his distribution and footwork is something that could have been worked on and improved, while his size and reflexes are gifts of nature.
It seems it was his choice not to try and improve his distribution. His ego wouldn’t allow him to fight for his place. We’re better off without him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Caicedo’s camp? Just a few months ago a 21 year old became (probably) the highest paid player at the club on a 4/5 year contract with his camp’s blessing. We turned down £70m from then champions-elect Arsenal and a new contract was agreed. There is an end game. None of us know what it will be, BUT it is possible to read the signs. The interpretation from Sky/Twitter and pundits will be that the lure of mid table, non-European football Chelsea‘s money is too powerful for Brighton and their player to resist. The interpretation from looking at actualities is that if he leaves - Brighton will trouser much, much more than reported or imagined.
TB has to decide what is a good net return in selling Caicedo, factoring in the 20% sell on clause in his contract.
We lost Mac on the cheap due to his contract running down and also Trossard. TB wants to max out on MC and that may involve waiting for bigger and better offers beyond this window. His value will only increase. Why limit yourself to the PL? There are bigger fish out there who will come calling. Chelsea know this and are desperate to get in first.
Lets hang on to him and get £120m later on. He will command that fee.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
TB has to decide what is a good net return in selling Caicedo, factoring in the 20% sell on clause in his contract.
We lost Mac on the cheap due to his contract running down and also Trossard. TB wants to max out on MC and that may involve waiting for bigger and better offers beyond this window. His value will only increase. Why limit yourself to the PL? There are bigger fish out there who will come calling. Chelsea know this and are desperate to get in first.
Lets hang on to him and get £120m later on. He will command that fee.
Ali Mac signed a new contract before the World Cup, last November so we didn't lose him on the cheap. It did have a release clause in it, which is unusual for Brighton.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It wouldn't surprise me if he improves a lot under Roberts, but the weird thing is that he seemingly didn't want to work on his weakness that was keeping him out the team, even though it would have made him a better keeper all round.

Compare with Gilmore, who RDZ told what he preferred about Mac/Caicedo/Gross. Billy said he then spent every training session and match, studying what they were doing better, and then trying to copy it himself. Great hopes for wee Billy this season :thumbsup:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
On the contrary, I've seen Man City and Arsenal fans standing up for us, when Chelsea 'fans' are whinging.
The other thing is that on the whole these internet fans doing the whinging are a different entity to the actual fans who go to games. I work in a big company in central London full of top 6 fans & most either have no idea about our transfer dealings or are very reasonable with their opinions if they do know what’s going on. The fact we may have annoyed, if at all, some internet Chelsea fans is not something I’m going to care about.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Sanchez was in Spain's World Cup squad in Quatar. Kepa wasn't. The Spanish Manager obviously thinks Sanchez is the better keeper, probably Ben Roberts too.

Expect Sanchez to be Chelsea's number 1 within weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here