Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Womens vs Reading at the Amex - Sunday 25th Sept at 2pm

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Brighton Women play their first home game of the season this coming Sunday at 2pm at the Amex. :amex: Hopefully nothing will happen that will mean its postponed like the first attempt to play there this season was!

After last weeks disappointing (but not entirely unexpected) loss to Arsenal away, this is a chance to see where we are compared to other teams that will be around us in the league. Our opponents are Reading who also lost 4-0 last week (to Man Utd) so both teams will be looking to get some points on the board to kickstart their season.

Brighton will be without Emma Kullberg (suspended), Rebekah Stott (ankle), Megan Connolly (broken ribs), Danielle Carter (Covid) and Maisie Symonds (glandular fever), so I would expect that we will not have a full bench again and even then we will be utilizing some players from the development squad. The January transfer window can not come quickly enough!

Tickets are available from The Albion for East Lower for the following prices:
Adult £10.00
Concession £5.00
Sun Harvest Lounge £20

Unlike the mens tickets at the Amex, this price does not include travel. Seagulls travel are running a bus service for £6 a seat, and you can also book a car park space at either the Bridge (£5) or the Coach Park (£10).

If you had brough a ticket for the Aston Villa game (which is now on the 12th Feb at Crawley - disappointing), then you should have received an email about moving the ticket to the Reading game or getting a refund.

Looks like a few sections in East Lower are already sold out, so hope its a decent crowd to cheer them on.

UTA

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
30 minutes in, 0-0.

Early days but this game really looks like a game between two teams battling against relegation.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great that we won but everything about both sides was very poor. Compared to watching latter stages of womens Euros it was like another game. So much space for all and marking non existent, Could have ended 8-8 Early days but look far worse than last season. I think only one side gets relegated.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Great that we won but everything about both sides was very poor. Compared to watching latter stages of womens Euros it was like another game. So much space for all and marking non existent, Could have ended 8-8 Early days but look far worse than last season. I think only one side gets relegated.
If you think that we've lost our 5 best players, that will probably be us going down!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If you think that we've lost our 5 best players, that will probably be us going down!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do appreciate that but thought it was 3.
Why after spending millions on training ground have we let them go and why have we not bought in equal quality.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just back from the game. Pleased with the win given all the team changes, and the players out though was a nervy last few minutes after Reading scored late on! Lee grew in confidence after her goal so hopefully we will see her kick on this season and Robinson continued her good start to the season. Good to see Carter get a few mins after shes been out with Covid too. We definitely need to do better keeping the ball - too often giving the ball away with misplaced passes and relied on Walsh who made some good saves again. She was my Player of the Match.

Attendance of 5220 - wonder how many of those we will see at Crawley on 23rd October for the next home game!

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Next home game (at Crawley) is against champions Chelsea so maybe a decent turnout. Isn't there free transport laid on?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I hope you're right even though Crawley isn't as nice a destination as the Amex. Should be a decent travelling contingent which will help make a good atmosphere.

Just looked on the Seagulls Travel site, and yes there is a free bus option :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here