[Albion] "Brighton will target Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let’s not forget is sunbed addicted mate 😳
I thought you meant Ben White for a moment, there.

Funnily enough I was just looking at a picture of JJ Tindall on the BBC web pages:

1714652493886.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is that Ross Noble after the Ben White/Jason Tindall sun bed?
It's actually a Neanderthal female, as facially reconstructed from a crushed skull. On the BBC news web page.

The second I saw it I though "Hello, that's the Newcastle assistant manager, if I'm not mistaken"

I wonder if they might be related?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surely the new deal is off the table in the midst of a results slump. I feel that only comes into play if he can get things back on track / his stocks start rising again.

Who was it that reported the new deal in the pipeline in the first place? Because (I'd assume it was supposed to be a positive story) it has just caused unease and negativity when - as has been pointed out - he doesn't need to sign a new deal with two years left!

Edit: Checked and it was Alex Crook who reported we were confident of De Zerbi signing a new contract in December, so very much a line put out by the club.
It was De Zerbi who first revealed he and the club were discussing a new deal.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Roberto's stock has fallen slightly because of our poor run. As alluded to on another thread, its all well and good taking the plaudits when things are going well but you're judged on when things aren't going well too. As of yet, Roberto hasn't done particularly well in lifting the team, motivating the team and having a plan b in matches to turn things round. Added to the fact he's spouted off about lack of help from above has made any of the big boys rethink I suspect!
Where have we heard this rhetoric before ? Let me think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He may do if we triple his wages
And give him a better chance of becoming a Premier League manager for the long run.
Just look at Vincent Kompany’s stock at the end of last season. Burnley had won the league by a mile. He had transformed the way Burnley played in a season.
Now, his stock has fallen significantly.
McKenna is savvy and would realise the step up after two consecutive seasons.
( all caveated on RDZ going)
Thought this was a low probability until Rangnick rejected the Bayern job. Now, not so sure.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And give him a better chance of becoming a Premier League manager for the long run.
Just look at Vincent Kompany’s stock at the end of last season. Burnley had won the league by a mile. He had transformed the way Burnley played in a season.
Now, his stock has fallen significantly.
McKenna is savvy and would realise the step up after two consecutive seasons.
( all caveated on RDZ going)
Thought this was a low probability until Rangnick rejected the Bayern job. Now, not so sure.
Why aren’t we linked to the guy who actually won the championship🤔

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I just see McKenna as being an ideal fit. Very analytical and process orientated which suits us, I think.
On the Ipswich Town fans forum most dismiss the rumour but a few understand the connection and why we would be a good choice for McKenna at this stage. Many of their squad were playing league one football last season and they have some loan players that have assisted them. Would be a huge challenge for McKenna to keep them up. There’s also talk about a strong relationship between the clubs. ( Sarmiento’s loan and other rumoured links)

I also have a very knowledgeable friend who supports neither Brighton or Ipswich and he stated his thoughts that De Zerbi would leave at the end of this season and felt that McKenna would be an ideal fit for us.

Let’s hope RDZ stays, but Bayern will now be looking at a very quick appointment after Rangnick has said no. If RDZ does go then KM would be high up on our wishlist I’d think.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Spot on. I am still yet to see any firm evidence that he's a wantaway... He definitely doesn't want to settle for mediocrity though, and hopefully the club can continue to match that ambition.

Roberto is an elite level manager who has a much higher ceiling than any manager we've had in our history. Because of that, there is more media conjecture, mostly nonsense to facilitate clicks from overexcited readers, and more powerful clubs sniffing around him. I think it's almost certain that the Barcelona stuff earlier in the season was completely from their side, and almost entirely to put pressure on the Albion and Roberto to bend over backwards to facilitate a move they couldn't afford. Clearly, neither RDZ or the club were interested in doing so and more than happy to continue as was.

We probably need to get used to that as fans, because we are starting to play amongst the big boys who have way more power and money than us, and I cannot see Bloom and Barber settling for mediocrity after the most incredible seasons on and off the pitch..
I don’t think he ‘wants away’. Equally I don’t think he’d turn down Bayern and a realistic shot at winning the Champions League.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Is it true Andrei kanchelskis was spotted at the fish and chip shop near the training ground?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably because he's done it with a playing budget that dwarfes that of Ipswich and is likley to result in Leicester City getting a points deduction next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I believe the deductions are for the season before he took charge.
Yes, but they're going to be in trouble for this season as well, which is why we had a realistic chance of signing KDH in January even though he's arguably their most influential player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports