Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Southampton match thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dick Knight has shaved his beard off. Hope this helps.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6480131]Listening on player at the minute. We sound dire :(

Just be grateful you didn't make the effort to get to the match. Some really dire performances so far (Ince in particular). Fenelon or whatever he's called tonight has looked useful and fast on the very few occasions he's got anywhere near the ball. Otherwise completely uninspiring.

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Just be grateful you didn't make the effort to get to the match. Some really dire performances so far (Ince in particular). Fenelon or whatever he's called tonight has looked useful and fast on the very few occasions he's got anywhere near the ball. Otherwise completely uninspiring.

Luckily I live in Costa Rica so no danger of that :lolol: feel bad for everyone who's made the effort to watch that dross

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Why do we play them then. They offer a chance to gain momentum going in to the season. We will be going into this season with the players on a run of defeats. That's a bad mentality to start with.

I meant results in friendlies are meaningless and don't usually have any bearing on the first few league matches. Also, we are clearly still short of quite a few players so shouldn't be expecting much for our friendlies at the moment.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dreadful. Our system is a real worry. Early days but i'm not convinced by it.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6480147]Luckily I live in Costa Rica so no danger of that :lolol: feel bad for everyone who's made the effort to watch that dross

Well at least you've got a good national team to watch

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I meant results in friendlies are meaningless and don't usually have any bearing on the first few league matches. Also, we are clearly still short of quite a few players so shouldn't be expecting much for our friendlies at the moment.

I agree the results are meaningless. But the performances aren't. And we are not getting good results or performances.
Anyway I am looking forward to the season and it's early days for Sami and all that so I'm not going to moan. I understand he needs more time. And more players

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You can't keep writing friendlies off. It's suppose to give you some indication about formations,players etc. This is where you try things out but at the moment i'm not exactly sure what we are trying to do.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I think it's pretty worrying that we've played so poorly in our last two and a half games and it's only 9 days until the start of the season. Very little time to put things right and it doesn't seem as if Sami knows his best team.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
You can't keep writing friendlies off. It's suppose to give you some indication about formation,players etc. This is where you try things out but at the moment i'm not exactly sure what we are trying to do.

I reckon it's hard for Hyypia to put his ideas in place when we still need so many new players.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think it's pretty worrying that we've played so poorly in our last two and a half games and it's only 9 days until the start of the season. Very little time to put things right and it doesn't seem as if Sami knows his best team.

We always said this about Poyet and Garcia though but at least with them (Poyet more so) we had a style and structure to our play. We don't seem to have that yet under Sami. Early days though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I reckon it's hard for Hyypia to put his ideas in place when we still need so many new players.
I'm sure Southampton need a load of players too. What is worrying is the comments about it being to easy for them despite losing half of their squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here