Brighton vacancy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Didn't a young kid do the same thing with the Doncaster job last year?

It happens a lot.

I seem to recall one case of someone applying for a lower league job with FM experience and success at Barca, Real et al.

The club involved had a great sense of humour and replied saying that they appreciated his application but felt that he was over-qualified for their job.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Can you PROVE he sent the email OR does this GO in the SPIELBURG bs FILE ?

qu6a2ery.jpg

ujava6y3.jpg

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
He made a vital error. He should be applying for the interim manager job. There is not a manager job available. Have to keep it open pending appeal. Let that be a lesson to all of you hopefuls. ???

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Come on anyone with FM experience would of walked into the Blackburn job.

I've got a sneaky feeling that I may have been Blackburn manager for a while last season, either that or I was bass player for 'The Fall'.

Oct 25, 2003
i also applied...laying out my formidable football manager career in belgium where i still, to this day, maintain almost god like status

most of my application, however, was taken up by listing all of the flair 90's players that i would insist on being signed, as well as some incredibly particular demands that must be met before i'd consider taking the role (ie. the only music allowed at ANY time at the ground is the full gladiator soundtrack, on loop)

i recieved a 'thank you for applying' auto e-mail, but i can confirm that my representatives are yet to receive an official offer from the club

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
and your point is

Don't let them get to you bomber! The NSC elite remember every single post and woe betide anyone who dares post something that's been mentioned before. They have nothing better to do than search the threads to try to make a sarcastic comment.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Don't let them get to you bomber! The NSC elite remember every single post and woe betide anyone who dares post something that's been mentioned before. They have nothing better to do than search the threads to try to make a sarcastic comment.

This

A 'fixtures' thread (whoever came up with that ridiculous terminology should be named and shamed by the way) is deemed the ultimate sin on NSC. An excuse of "I didn't have time" is simply no excuse for not trawling through page after page of threads, to decipher whether your chosen subject has been done before.

Until you quit your job, spend every waking hour on NSC, and achieve a degree in sarcasm I'm afraid you will never be truly accepted by this elite

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

Thanks should of realised but was clouded by a bottle of. Vodka.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I think this must be one of those new-fangled crazes the young people have. My son & two of his mates have also applied. The one who got a proper reply ("we're only considering candidates with coaching licenses", etc) now has kudos over the two who got a flat "we're not accepting speculative applications". Kids, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports