Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Watford (official thread)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just to get in 1st and piss Perseus off

Ref - No idea but bound to be biased against us, could spark an atmosphere if very biased

Pitch conditions - If Spielberg's weather forecast is to be believed - pretty wet and shitty meaning a "zip" on the surface and lots of overhit passes.

Crowd - probably not capacity due to some fans not being able to tolerate a losing team

Full time entertainment - Ernest on the pitch fulfilling his promise after CKR scores the winner in injury time

Post your match related comments here.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The referee is the terrible bloke we had at Plymouth last year, sending Chippy off and we lost 5-1. :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
The referee is the terrible bloke we had at Plymouth last year, sending Chippy off and we lost 5-1. :(

Good guess by me then :rolleyes:

Yorkie said:

OK, one silver lining in that, fellow rose-tinter, is that the worst decisions in that game were all made by the linesmen, the disallowed Butters goal, the handball by our goalie and the pen against Hinsh. To be honest, Chippy had to walk for what he did :nono:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I'm predicting a 2-1 win for Brighton.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
OK, one silver lining in that, fellow rose-tinter, is that the worst decisions in that game were all made by the linesmen, the disallowed Butters goal, the handball by our goalie and the pen against Hinsh. To be honest, Chippy had to walk for what he did :nono:

Yes the linesman was poor but the ref could have overuled him.
Perhaps the ref likes the home team so we may benefit tomorrow? We can only hope :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Saturday, 18 February 2006

Coca-Cola Football League Championship
Brighton & Hove Albion v Watford

Ref: P T CROSSLEY
Linos: S Creighton and G L Ives

Fourth Official : S P Rubery

the name is well known to me. There must be a reason.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope springs eternal we usually do well against Watford at home so I'll go large err 2 - 1 :lolol:

1066gull

If this match turns out to be a thriller and a win, I would be so pissed off, and you will probably ask me not to come to any more games as you think I am a jinx.

I cannot go to the game, thats why.:(

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did Crossley do the Sheffield United (home ) match? i have a nasty feeling...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No It was Lee Probert.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Much the same as last week but we will get an equaliser this week.
2 - 0 down and come back to 2 - 2. (Gatting anda penalty but who will take it)

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forecast: Carlisle to score an own goal. Just hope it is Clarke.

robbied69 said:
I'm predicting a 2-1 win for Brighton.

I go along with that.

I am hoping for a rejuvenating team,

ready for action at the start,

and will outplay Watford,

we are bound to **** up once so i will go for

2-1

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A performance like the one in the week will see us do well - assuming we can hit the net this time and not lose a man to a sending off.

We've had Crossley recentley at Withdean though i swear?! name sounds very familiar

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~785335,00.html

Carole Fit

By Paul Camillin

Seb Carole has been declared fit for this afternoon's clash with Watford and the Frenchman's set to take his place in attack alongside Joe Gatting, with Gary Hart switching to the right wing.

Carole limped out of last Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Leicester and subsequently missed the midweek defeat at Norwich, but after training yesterday he's given manager Mark McGhee a significant boost by declaring himself fit.

Adam Hinshelwood is suspended after his red card at Norwich in midweek. Watford suffered two red cards in their 2-1 midweek defeat at Leeds United.

They are without goalkeeper Ben Foster - 41-year-old Alec Chamberlain deputises - and former Albion forward Darius Henderson.

Hameur Bouazza replaces Henderson. He'll play on the left and Ashley Young moves up front; meanwhile in midfield Gavin Mahon and Matthew Spring come in for James Chambers and Al Bangura.

Albion: (4-4-2) Henderson, El-Abd, McShane, Butters, Mayo; Hart, Hammond, Carpenter, Frutos; Carole, Gatting. Subs: Martin (GK), Reid, Nicolas, Kazim-Richards, Robinson.

Watford: (4-4-2) Chamberlain, Doyley, Mackay, DeMerit, Stewart; Eagles, Mahon, Spring, Bouazza; King, Young. Subs: Chambers, Carlisle, Bangura, McNamee, Ma-Kalambay (GK)

Referee: Phil Crossley

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Referee!!! said:
Breaking news

CKR in for Carpenter who has picked up an injury pre match. Mcphee on the bench.

I hope that means that we are actually playing 2 actual strikers upfront now then in Gatting and Kazim-Richards and not a midfielder in Seba Carole who is now likely to be moved to the right wing and that moves Gary Hart into the centre of midfield

:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here