Brighton v Reading

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Guys haven’t posted much on here, but tend to look on here to see whets going on, so I hope you don't mind this post.

I have a bit of a dilemma. So here goes

I was born and lived in Brighton for the first twenty years of my life, I move away for a job 10 years ago and now live in High Wycombe and Work in Reading with my husband and daughter. We commute for an hour each day and my daughter goes to nursery on industrial estate by the madjeski stadium. We both have well paid job. My daughter will be starting School in a year’s time and the council will only put her in a school in High Wycombe so this arrangement will no longer work.

So do I do the easy option sell up and move to Reading. No need to change jobs. I have to admit Reading does not inspire me at all.

Or do I have a complete change try and convince my husband what a great place Brighton is and see if I can come home.

What is Brighton like for IT jobs these days?

Thanks.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Live in Wokingham or the surrounding area. Reading is a hole but there are more jobs in the area than anywhere apart from London, and getting down to Brighton to see the Seagulls is damn easy.

Plus, the amount of amenities and facilities in the immediate Reading/Wokingham/Bracknell conurbation is pretty much second to none. Schools damn good too if you look hard enough.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
try to persuade your husband to move to brighton i'd say!! I'd reckon a better place to bring up your daughter as well :)

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i can't imagine abetter place to bring up kids than brighton,. the quality of life for youngsters is second to none, and the schools are pretty good too.

reading versus brighton? a mismatch i'd say, do the obvious (and that is what you want to do to i guess) and get yourself home.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
afters said:
i can't imagine abetter place to bring up kids than brighton,. the quality of life for youngsters is second to none, and the schools are pretty good too.

Yep, i loved it as a kid living near brighton (always wished i lived IN brighton!), summers were quality spent 90% of them in brighton hopping on the train down from hay heath! great days. :)

Reading, on the other hand :tosser:

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Wilts is right,winnersh,winnersh triangle,early and wokingham are very nice areas indeed,plenty of ways to avoid the traffic if cutting over to here in whitley for your work,how can you live in that hole wycombe,was there again today,f***ing hate the place grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Actually even better,you could try arbrofield,spencers wood etc,just over junction 11 here.:drink:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thanks Guys. I was in brighton at the weekend visiting my mum, took my daughter down the beach, for the first time I felt increadably home sick. Rembered how great it was growing up down there. Also by the time she older and can come to the footy with me we could both be season ticket holders for Falmer.

I'm going to get me mum to send me some property details.

Def going to look in to this more seriously.

High Wycombes not bad if you live at the top of a hill and your as near to Marlow as you are Wycombe. Working in Reading I never need to go in to Wycombe at all.

Reading has a bi of a wiff about it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ozzygull said:
Thanks Guys. I was in brighton at the weekend visiting my mum, took my daughter down the beach, for the first time I felt increadably home sick. Rembered how great it was growing up down there.

That feeling gets stronger and stronger. Don't leave it as long as I did to get back home.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
ozzygull said:
Thanks Guys. I was in brighton at the weekend visiting my mum, took my daughter down the beach, for the first time I felt increadably home sick. Rembered how great it was growing up down there. Also by the time she older and can come to the footy with me we could both be season ticket holders for Falmer.

I'm going to get me mum to send me some property details.

Def going to look in to this more seriously.

High Wycombes not bad if you live at the top of a hill and your as near to Marlow as you are Wycombe. Working in Reading I never need to go in to Wycombe at all.

Reading has a bi of a wiff about it.
Yeah very trendy is marlow,amazing that place keeps its great reputation with a dump like wycombe just up the road.

The whiff here has basicly gone,good luck anyway:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports