Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Ipswich: which club is bigger?

Brighton v Ipswich: which club is bigger?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ask the question to anyone under 25, especially Japanese, Ecuadorians, Argentinians etc and the answers will be very different than those provided by people who idolise John Wark or Peter Ward.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We are quite big now i suppose but it's all very 'new money'. I mean Brentford and Bournemouth are just as big by that metric for fucks sake.

I think we've always aspired to be as big as a club like Ipswich, and now we're getting there. But the existence of the big 6 means we'll probably never really 'get there'

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I still remember Ipswich when I was about 13-ish qualifying for Europe. I loved Sixto Peralta because his name was FLAIR. Think they got relegated that european season though?
They did in 2001/02, yrs.

But something even more bizarre and probably unique- The following season they played in the UEFA Cup despite being a Division 2 team and not having won a domestic trophy.

I'll leave that as a one off quiz question.

I've always liked Ipswich Town. I think I've seen Albion there three times. Always a good trip was that. I'm hoping Leeds United come up as well. A good old line up for the league next year me thinks.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
With a population of 273,000, Brighton is bigger than Ipswich which only has 136,000 residents.

But they do have an FA Cup, a UEFA cup and a First Division title.

In reality, there’s only a Port Vale between us. See the link.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
ron manager.jpeg

“Ipswich, isn’t it, Paul Mariner, ’81 EUFA Cup, Little Mickey Mills, John Wark, Escape to Victory, FA Cup, Alan Brazil, Brazil nuts, Bobby Robson"

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
With a population of 273,000, Brighton is bigger than Ipswich which only has 136,000 residents.

But they do have an FA Cup, a UEFA cup and a First Division title.

In reality, there’s only a Port Vale between us. See the link.

Brighton , Hove and surrounding area is nearer to half a million

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ipswich were bigger and certainly have more history. Brighton are bigger at this moment in time. Both have a hard core of about 12,000 fans and both have capacity's around the 30.000 mark, our a little higher, their's a little lower. We are a better prospect atm, but who knows in ten years time. I'd call it a even draw. With Ipswich winning on the past scorecard and us winning on the last decade and current scorecard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here