Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Fulham at Aldershot

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not watching the stream-what was the problem first half? Doesn't sound like the best performance
Holla and Sidwell completely dominated in the centre, Lualua crossing woeful, Murphy anonymous. No service to the front two.

Only Rosenior, Dunk and Murray look good enough.

(yes it's preseason, yes it's hot)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Holla and Sidwell completely dominated in the centre, Lualua crossing woeful, Murphy anonymous. No service to the front two.

Did suspect Holla and Sidwell in midfield would severely weaken us (Shows the importance of our first choices)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Gone 4-3-3 now #BHAFC second-half starting side v #FFC: Maenpaa, Bruno, Hall, White, Bong; Knockaert, Ince, Kayal, Holla; Hemed, Murphy.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

When you say "completely dominated in the centre", do you mean they dominated Fulham or Fulham us?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Bollocks 2-0

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Those blindly backing the squad what do they think? Not a meltdown but we haven't improved the squad, Stephens looking like he will be off, Kayal not committing. Bloom and co need to act fast to bolster this squad and actually IMPROVE on what we had last season. Not assume a few sticky plasters will be able to perform as well / better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Those blindly backing the squad what do they think? Not a meltdown but we haven't improved the squad, Stephens looking like he will be off, Kayal not committing. Bloom and co need to act fast to bolster this squad and actually IMPROVE on what we had last season. Not assume a few sticky plasters will be able to perform as well / better.

I think it is a pre-season friendly with a very mixed squad, on a hot summer's evening. I don't think anything can be read into the performance.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Must be the cursed red kit

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No point in taking notice of friendlies, this is just a training session.
That's why it is strange to play someone from the same Division. I've seen enough friendlies to know how it works - most of out best seasons came after terrible preseasons and poor ones came after 100% records. But the first two games are always all about game time and not getting injured so why play a rival? Very strange.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I think it is a pre-season friendly with a very mixed squad, on a hot summer's evening. I don't think anything can be read into the performance.

Very much this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whereas it's in the middle of Fulhams season and they are playing their first team on cooler areas of the pitch.

:wink:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

Preseason yes, hot evening yes, not strengthening from a position of strength, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here