Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Bournemouth

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
bournemouth were awful , our defence was terrible. El Abd is not a LB.

Didnt seem to play with any urgency , got the win though and gives us a couple of weeks to get some players in as we are going to need them

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Forster only does as much running as he has to. At 33 I think that is probably the best choice, Revell usually runs round like a headless chicken and gets little reward.

If you had a choice over Forster and Revell only a fool would pick Revell.

But your argument was that Forster outshone Revell, if you read back on my post i was comparing them over todays game. I never once said that i would choose Revell over Forster and vice versa. Based on todays performance i would hope that Revell is fully fit for the next match rather then Forster if we could only have one, and start using him more as a target man because at the moment Kuipers hits Forster with most of his kicks whereas Revell is alot beter in the air.

Ansty Seagull

Oct 5, 2005
Ansty
Did anybody else pick up on the body language today? Revell scored two goals from lay offs by Forster and, certainly for the second, seemed to blank him. When Revell scored the winner, a hat trick goal to win the game in injury time, he was hardly mobbed by team mates. With Forsters very vocal digs at Dean White during the game it could be construed that team spirit ain't what it could be. Perhaps I am imagining it all, but....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
But your argument was that Forster outshone Revell, if you read back on my post i was comparing them over todays game. I never once said that i would choose Revell over Forster and vice versa. Based on todays performance i would hope that Revell is fully fit for the next match rather then Forster if we could only have one, and start using him more as a target man because at the moment Kuipers hits Forster with most of his kicks whereas Revell is alot beter in the air.

I didn't argue anything about todays game, as I wasn't there it would be difficult to argue about it. From previously games I have seen I would rather have Forster everytime.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
When Revell scored the winner, a hat trick goal to win the game in injury time, he was hardly mobbed by team mates. With Forsters very vocal digs at Dean White during the game it could be construed that team spirit ain't what it could be. Perhaps I am imagining it all, but....

Firstly Revell had sprinted to the dugouts in front of the South Stands after scoring with the rest of the team still in the box, they all eventually caught up with him.

Secondly, Forster has been very vocal with the bench since he got here. In fact he was very vocal with everybody today, the ref, lino, Bournemouth bench and team. Tells me he is passionate to win rather than disenchanted.

Did anybody else pick up on the body language today? Revell scored two goals from lay offs by Forster and, certainly for the second, seemed to blank him. When Revell scored the winner, a hat trick goal to win the game in injury time, he was hardly mobbed by team mates. With Forsters very vocal digs at Dean White during the game it could be construed that team spirit ain't what it could be. Perhaps I am imagining it all, but....

If you looked for it, you could interpret something like that from every match.

On the post-match interview Revell said that Forster was willing to teach things to his fellow strikers, and the Rev. was willing to learn from him. That certainly doesn't suggest dis-harmony!

Also, having spoken to Nicky myself after a game, he's very ready to acknowledge players around him, and seemed to have professional humility from what I could gather.
Great player, and imo all Brighton fans should be ready to view him as an Albion legend for some time, basically we are talking for the rest of his career.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are talking out of your ass my friend, Forster won probly 1 header the whole match which led to the goal, whereas when Revell wins the headers Forster is too lazy to be any where near him. Revell always works his bollocks of for the team whereas Forster again walked round the pitch as if he owns it And finaly Revell had 4 chances today (i count a chance as being having the ball in and around the box) and took 3 of them, Forster should have scored the header, and should have got a touch when El-abd's header went back along the goaline, besides the first goal he also held on to the ball too long and continuously moans at the ref/asst ref when he is clearly 2 or 3 yards offside.

What, in the name of Declan Donnellys SCROTE, were you watching today ? Forster was the reason we won today, Bournemouth just couldn't deal with him. He set up the first two goals, held the ball up brilliantly, turned his marker on numerous occasions, harried and badgered their defence all afternoon, retained possession from the various aimless punts he was receiving, and generally ran himself into the ground for 95 minutes - were it not for Revells excellent hattrick, then Forster would have been man of the match by a mile.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What, in the name of Declan Donnellys SCROTE, were you watching today ? Forster was the reason we won today, Bournemouth just couldn't deal with him. He set up the first two goals, held the ball up brilliantly, turned his marker on numerous occasions, harried and badgered their defence all afternoon, retained possession from the various aimless punts he was receiving, and generally ran himself into the ground for 95 minutes - were it not for Revells excellent hattrick, then Forster would have been man of the match by a mile.

...is the right answer.

Forster :bowdown:
Revell :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

quite a few people noticed that

If you looked for it, you could interpret something like that from every match.

On the post-match interview Revell said that Forster was willing to teach things to his fellow strikers, and the Rev. was willing to learn from him. That certainly doesn't suggest dis-harmony!

Also, having spoken to Nicky myself after a game, he's very ready to acknowledge players around him, and seemed to have professional humility from what I could gather.
Great player, and imo all Brighton fans should be ready to view him as an Albion legend for some time, basically we are talking for the rest of his career.

Did you notice this Guffer, or listen to the phone in?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bournemouth turn out was rubbish, regardless of their current position in the table.

Christophe for them spent most of the game flicking out petulantly at Albion players for having the temerity to challenge him for the ball.

Gradel looked promising in moments, but likewise, sulked terribly when he was tackled by Whing (no foul given by the ref), and spent the next five minutes limping forlornly around an area of pitch approximately 5 sq m, repeatedly pleading with the AFCB management to take him off.

Nice to see a player so comprehensively bottle out of a game. Wuss.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
We were shocking defensively. Bournemouth were just poor. If we took our chances, we would of had the game sewned up. But we let Bournemouth back in twice, through outrageous defending. Revell took his hat-trick superbly, and his header was a bullet for the winner. One of the best corners all match, thanks to Jakey. If we play like that against a better side, then we'll get thrashed of the park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here