Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to crash & burn financially?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The Amex is used around the year, almost daily for events and functions, crash & burn is extremely unlikely to happen.

Not to mention a Chairman who is a massive fan of the club who wouldnt put us in jeopardy. Barber is big on FFP too, if there is a person who will make us follow the FFP - then it is Barber.

That's your problem grimbo , your more concerned about us .

Seems a few of your fans have an obsession with us in fact.....

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I am merely pointing out the facts. No slating here. Have you seen some of the threads started by your fellow fans on the BBS. What are you scared of?

No I haven't because I am a BRIGHTON fan and have ABSOLUTLY NO INTEREST in looking at or posting on a Palace forum. You sad, sad f***.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not to mention a Chairman who is a massive fan of the club who wouldnt put us in jeopardy. Barber is big on FFP too, if there is a person who will make us follow the FFP - then it is Barber.

Seems a few of your fans have an obsession with us in fact.....

Only with a few of my favourites .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hard to believe we're issuing financial warning when there's near enough full houses every week and everybody's stuffing their faces with pies and pints like there's no tomorrow and the club hypermarket is rammed with punters and the wage bill seems to be comparatively modest. Would be completely understandable if it takes into account ongoing building works, but the financially-wise on here seem to be suggesting it's just down to matchday operating costs. If that's the case, its more than a bit worrying. If the Albion end up making a stonking great loss with the fantastic setup at the Amex, what hope is there for any club outside of the Premier League gravy train?

Part of the problem was the subsidised travel voucher which cost the club a seven figure number last season. Even allowing for the £30 surcharge on the season ticket, it isn't being covered. Barber is also working hard to get a good shirt sponsorship, and to get running costs down.

I love the fact that a Palace supporter whose club has cynically and blatantly gone into administration twice is trying to lecture us on running an efficiently financial club. Those in glass palaces cannot throw stones. We have had setting up costs, building costs and other expenses that won't be repeated in the coming years. Attendances are important as they bring income into the club but that's only part of the equation which is why the stadium is being used for conferences and with restaurant and brasserie open during the week.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know there are many who point the finger at Palace for having shaky finances. (All of which is bollox IMHO) but this looks like a trap that the brighton could fall into....BBC Sport - Brighton Hove Albion: Paul Barber issues financial warning

ALL of it? Surely going into administration would have something to do with 'shaky finances'? :shrug:

No I don't think Brighton will crash and burn, as you put it. It is more like a talking about the club's approach to finances, thereby managing expectations of fans, many of whom expect millions and millions of pounds to be spent on players.

Why do you think it "looks like a trap that the (sic) brighton could fall into"?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Part of the problem was the subsidised travel voucher which cost the club a seven figure number last season. Even allowing for the £30 surcharge on the season ticket, it isn't being covered.

I don't see why the club have to subsidise our travel at all. I can see how they had to jump through a myriad stupid hoops at Withdean in order to get the planning permission for Falmer, but would withdrawing the travel subsidy REALLY cause anybody to stop going? Can't see it myself. at the very least they should offer us an opt-out on the ST renewal form. I mean, a day return from Brighton to Falmer is three quid something. If you can afford the match ticket, you can afford the three quid something. IMHO, like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't see why the club have to subsidise our travel at all. I can see how they had to jump through a myriad stupid hoops at Withdean in order to get the planning permission for Falmer, but would withdrawing the travel subsidy REALLY cause anybody to stop going? Can't see it myself. at the very least they should offer us an opt-out on the ST renewal form. I mean, a day return from Brighton to Falmer is three quid something. If you can afford the match ticket, you can afford the three quid something. IMHO, like.

Not everyone travels from Brighton and don't get Beach Hut started! It was part of the planning permission that public transport was available. 80% of our fans used public travel for games as opposed to 40-50% of other clubs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Maybe for some that will be thing that stops them...only £3 but if theres a family involved etc all adds up.....we are supposed to be growing our fan base afteral

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe for some that will be thing that stops them...only £3 but if theres a family involved etc all adds up.....we are supposed to be growing our fan base afteral

There's also huge numbers of Amex attendees who are being subbed for something they don't need. For example, anybody who commutes from Brighton to anywhere north of Haywards Heath and buys a ticket for the Amex is being given a travel voucher that covers Haywards Heath to Brighton. That's the level of wastage involved. A simple opt-out tick box on the ST renewal form would reap immediate financial benefits for the club shirley?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There's also huge numbers of Amex attendees who are being subbed for something they don't need. For example, anybody who commutes from Brighton to anywhere north of Haywards Heath and buys a ticket for the Amex is being given a travel voucher that covers Haywards Heath to Brighton. That's the level of wastage involved. A simple opt-out tick box on the ST renewal form would reap immediate financial benefits for the club shirley?

Theres no perfect solution.....i dont use the subsidised transport...but i am paying for part of it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am merely pointing out the facts. No slating here. Have you seen some of the threads started by your fellow fans on the BBS. What are you scared of?

I know you are banned, but in answer to your question - not scared of anything, this subject has been covered, but I am very hacked off with palace fans being sour-faced and killjoys towards the albion on this board.

I sometimes read the BBS, and honestly don't care who posts what on that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Eh? What 'facts' have you pointed out, exactly?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know you are banned, but in answer to your question - not scared of anything, this subject has been covered, but I am very hacked off with palace fans being sour-faced and killjoys towards the albion on this board.

I sometimes read the BBS, and honestly don't care who posts what on that.

I was restricted to the "away end" after a single post , no criticism is allowed on their main board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here