Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton tigers ice-hockey team

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
come on bozza , give the people what they want !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Let's not forget the Washington Capitals here. Top sport, fast, furious and it would be great to have a team back here in Brighton. Although too young to have any memory of the Tigers I did feel quite nostalgic when walking along Brighton's walk of fame/shame the other day and spotting the Tiger's plaque.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
down brighton marina !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
At the Marina, Rabeen.

My Dad used to go on about the ice hockey. He used to go 'courting' there with my Mum. (Course, she wasn't my Mum then). Won everything out of sight, apparently.

Not sure if I would like to watch ice hockey though. It has the same new world / nuclear family bollocks feel that basketball has (and that is a crap sport), but the fighting and maiming sort of gives it an edge of cool otherwise missing from most sports.

As long as Brighton Tigers employed a serious bunch of psychotic nutters to play, I think I may go along.

Is this all to do with the new complex proposed at Black Rock? Otherwise, where would they play?

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
I saw the NY Rangers in Wayne Gretzky's last season at Maddison Square Garden and absolutely loved it.

It would be great if ice hockey came back to Brighton, but I reckon the bleeding council will plump for yet another hotel at Black Rock instead of the scheme that includes the rink.....

I'd definately go along.

As a kid living in Peterborough I regularly used to watch the Peterborough Pirates who were quite a top team. Randy Smith was the main man. "Randy Randy Randy!" excellent fun.

Its a good atmosphere, a good sport and the fights are quality! Full on gloves-off punch ups and they only get sin-binned.

Bring it back to Sussex :bounce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The fans who went to the ice hockey matches had the same passion as our fans (most of them were both)

The away support was just as vocal as ours.

The Palace of the time was Wembley Lions. We beat them in the cup final and they were runners up when we won the league.

Aaaahhh the memories

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Brighton Tigers and Wembley Lions were the big teams of the time. Either would generally win the league and cups, great names like Bobby Lee, Johnny Oxley (who was unusual in hockey in as much as he was british and excellent), the net minder Gib Hutchinson and my old Gramps, Freddie Sutherland....

oatsy

Aug 14, 2003
I'm too young as well but my mum and dad always used to talk about Jackie Dryberg, almost as much as they talked about Peter Ward!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here