Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No idea. [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] is in the loop :wink:

I'm not in the loop :), but i'd be v.surprised if we aren't actively chasing a midfielder. As crucial as sorting the forward line in this window imo given that we only have Kayal, Propper and Stephens as first choice midfielders and would be relying on Bruno, Gross, Molumby etc slotting in there if any injuries, suspensions etc.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not in the loop :), but i'd be v.surprised if we aren't actively chasing a midfielder. As crucial as sorting the forward line in this window imo given that we only have Kayal, Propper and Stephens as first choice midfielders and would be relying on Bruno, Gross, Molumby etc slotting in there if any injuries, suspensions etc.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Hardly an issue Gross slotting into centre midfield though is it if required. Of course replacing Sidwell for next season will be required, just don't think its vital we get one in now...well not for me anyway.
If we are playing 3 centrally more though then we do need one...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hardly an issue Gross slotting into centre midfield though is it if required. Of course replacing Sidwell for next season will be required, just don't think its vital we get one in now...well not for me anyway.

they can just about make it work HGP wise - if Hemed goes on loan and Goldson is replaced with a HGP incoming.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We don't know if Skalak's injury will prevent him making the 25 yet do we ?

So there could be a space for a midfielder in the squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hmmm... I wouldn't want to lose Gross from where he currently plays, and 3 CM's is not enough... we're in the Prem now, not league 2...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We don't know if Skalak's injury will prevent him making the 25 yet do we ?

So there could be a space for a midfielder in the squad.

Hughton was relaxed about it post Hudds saying Skalak was just "sore". and "hopefully" he'd be ok.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we need that replacement for Sidwell and Brown. We've lost that bench option of a central midfielder who can break forward and nick a goal.

Camarasa doesn't look to be that player with less than 10 goals in over 100 matches.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We are still not creating chances - a creative midfielder is surely a high priority

According to another poster on the 'No signings today' thread, this deal might have hit the buffers! :-(

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pröpper & Kayal can be creative, both were looking for forward passes in the 2nd half on Sat, we need a def midfielder more.

Interesting... I would lean more towards a creative ACM TBH... that said, maybe a DCM would release Propper or Kayal as the ACM... either way, we need a 4th CM...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Interesting... I would lean more towards a creative ACM TBH... that said, maybe a DCM would release Propper or Kayal as the ACM... either way, we need a 4th CM...

Agreed, Def a DCM needed imo unless play Dunk in there a lá Lawrenson back in the day.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, Def a DCM needed imo unless play Dunk in there a lá Lawrenson back in the day.

Wow! Those were the days... what a player ML was... probably my fave player for us of all time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here