Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £5million for Dunk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
scored no goals in pre-season whareas the C/F had scored quite a few(I cannot remember now but more that 10) statistics said he was very unlikely to score ....................................he went on to score about 40 goals that season
The poor kid was recovering from 2 broken legs for god sake, it's no surprise his pre-season was quiet. I don't think Burke et-al based their research solely on the pre-season performances on injured players.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is no chance of keeping Dunk, but getting the best price for him is going well. We need Newcastle to enter the bidding war now. £7.5m should do it.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
if TB is willing to go to the limit with FFP then there is every chance we'll keep Dunk and probably make him one of the club's top earners. Or, of course, we'll cash in to the biggest Prem offer for a bloody good young, goalscoring, English centre half and have even more money to throw at the much-expanded FFP boundaries.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
if TB is willing to go to the limit with FFP then there is every chance we'll keep Dunk and probably make him one of the club's top earners. Or, of course, we'll cash in to the biggest Prem offer for a bloody good young, goalscoring, English centre half and have even more money to throw at the much-expanded FFP boundaries.

Dunk I believe has a 3 year contract, if the club decide to let him stay why should they give him a massive pay rise

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm glad to see the club is still trying to keep him, rather than accepting he's off for sure, which I suppose means he hasn't asked to leave yet.

I'd hate to see him go, but if we get a ridiculously high figure for him, as we did with Ulloa, I'd be happy.

It's up to the Lizard, really.
The club have no interest in keeping dunk and just want more money...If they wanted to keep him he'd be playing wouldn't he.
They won't risk injuring him and quiet frankly know he's off wether he likes it or not:thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The club have no interest in keeping dunk and just want more money...If they wanted to keep him he'd be playing wouldn't he.
They won't risk injuring him and quiet frankly know he's off wether he likes it or not:thumbsup:

Or he is off if a magic number is achieved? Still our player but everyone has a price & with the addition to the club we are in a win win situation. Stump up the magic figure ( 6 million?) and we have a nice lump sum, no sale & we have a very good player still.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The same window where Murray was released on a free to Palace?

If we lost a player of Murray's quality every window but gained one of Vicente's quality in return, I would be an extremely happy man.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The club Physio would be a bit pissed off.

I don't care. Even with the injuries, the basically not playing for an entire season, the weird enigmatic ramblings about Gus in the press, I would take Vicente over a fully fit and firing Glenn Murray.

Vicente is an actual football god. A player that the top sides dreamt of having for a while, a player that football fans will remember in twenty years time. Glenn Murray? A very good Championship striker.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't care. Even with the injuries, the basically not playing for an entire season, the weird enigmatic ramblings about Gus in the press, I would take Vicente over a fully fit and firing Glenn Murray.

Vicente is an actual football god. A player that the top sides dreamt of having for a while, a player that football fans will remember in twenty years time. Glenn Murray? A very good Championship striker.

But the reality is, we replaced Murray with Hoskins. Not Vicente.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
As he is not in the 1st team we are hardly going to offer him an expensive renegotiated contract......unless the Premiership offer does not come in before the transfer deadline.

If I was Dunk and the club said I was worth more than £5m, I would be asking why am I not being paid a salary to match the club's valuation.
In truth Dunk is this year's asset to sell, like Ulloa was last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here