Brighton Pavilion - How are you voting

Pavilion Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thats more of a local issue and I have no doubt that locally The Greens will take a battering in May and lose power of B&H City council

They have the most seats, but have no overall majority - they have about 20 seats to the Tories 18, Labour 13, UKIP 1, Independant 2

I speak to so many people that think the Greens has overall control of the council, they have had to work in colaition with others and been voted down often by the two big national party.

So its not so much if they lose it but if a party can contain control of it, lets hope whoever does win, doesn't reverse the living wage set across the council workforce.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got an election leaflet through the door this morning from the Lib Dem bloke running for Brighton Pavilion. Judging by his party's big fat NUL POINT in this poll, I'd sort of assumed they weren't bothering to contest the seat. :lol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION], [MENTION=916]black & white seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=12037]Bombadier Botty[/MENTION], [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION], [MENTION=17706]danielson81[/MENTION], [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION], [MENTION=580]desprateseagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION], [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION], [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION], [MENTION=12489]janee[/MENTION], [MENTION=21731]JCL666[/MENTION], [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION], [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION], [MENTION=12734]Mike Small[/MENTION], [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION], [MENTION=14054]MJsGhost[/MENTION], [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION], [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], [MENTION=32719]Odin[/MENTION], [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION], [MENTION=30625]Pizza[/MENTION], [MENTION=1150]ridda[/MENTION], [MENTION=11689]shaun_rc[/MENTION], [MENTION=20286]spellfast[/MENTION], [MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION], [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]

So how many students or DFLs amongst you lot ??? Not me! :moo:

Me neither. 47 year old SME Company Director.

My vote is driven by the fact that she is a good constituency MP; and that I support the essence of her agenda (even if I don't support all of her views.) She'll be a valuable voice in Parliament.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Dick Tight is backing Dr Lucas even though he doesn't live here.
What is it with people from Haywards Heath sticking their oar in :moo:

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Lucas will win easily.

Kemp town and hove far closer.

Going to be very close in Hove where I am. Last time the Tories won by about 2,000 from the Labour candidate, but think Labour could inch it this time.

I was going to vote Labour but then I googled the Tory candidate and found a picture of him in an Iron Maiden T-shirt and although I'm pretty much the polar opposite of almost all Tory policies, I'm not sure I can vote against a Maiden fan.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Going to be very close in Hove where I am. Last time the Tories won by about 2,000 from the Labour candidate, but think Labour could inch it this time.

I was going to vote Labour but then I googled the Tory candidate and found a picture of him in an Iron Maiden T-shirt and although I'm pretty much the polar opposite of almost all Tory policies, I'm not sure I can vote against a Maiden fan.

MIke Weatherley, the Maiden fan in question has stood down from parliament due to ill-health. He is currently fighting cancer I believe. Not sure who the Tory candidate in Hove is now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Where is the option for not voting because it wont make any difference?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think you've got to vote UKIP really. There's far too many foreigners over here. I'm not racist. I like Ian Wight and Lenny Henry when he used to be funny, so I can't be can I?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Where is the option for not voting because it wont make any difference?

Your vote in Brighton Pavillion could make a very significant difference, it could feasibly be won by Conservatives, Labour or the Green Party to varying degrees of likelihood, it doesn't need a 20%+ swing like in Tory or Labour heartlands.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
They have the most seats, but have no overall majority - they have about 20 seats to the Tories 18, Labour 13, UKIP 1, Independant 2

I speak to so many people that think the Greens has overall control of the council, they have had to work in colaition with others and been voted down often by the two big national party.

So its not so much if they lose it but if a party can contain control of it, lets hope whoever does win, doesn't reverse the living wage set across the council workforce.

agree with you there! I wonder how many of their 20 seats they will keep?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
neither will make my life any better so ill pass, but thanks anyway

Your vote in Brighton Pavillion could make a very significant difference, it could feasibly be won by Conservatives, Labour or the Green Party to varying degrees of likelihood, it doesn't need a 20%+ swing like in Tory or Labour heartlands.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If I was in Pavilion I would probably vote Green, but I'm not, I'm in Hove so will be voting Labour.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION], [MENTION=916]black & white seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=12037]Bombadier Botty[/MENTION], [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION], [MENTION=17706]danielson81[/MENTION], [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION], [MENTION=580]desprateseagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION], [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION], [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION], [MENTION=12489]janee[/MENTION], [MENTION=21731]JCL666[/MENTION], [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION], [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION], [MENTION=12734]Mike Small[/MENTION], [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION], [MENTION=14054]MJsGhost[/MENTION], [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION], [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], [MENTION=32719]Odin[/MENTION], [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION], [MENTION=30625]Pizza[/MENTION], [MENTION=1150]ridda[/MENTION], [MENTION=11689]shaun_rc[/MENTION], [MENTION=20286]spellfast[/MENTION], [MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION], [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]

So how many students or DFLs amongst you lot ??? Not me! :moo:
I'm old and not a student

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm voting for Caroline Lucas because she has been the best constituency MP we've ever had, never mind the party she represents. She's done nothing to deserve to lose her seat.

I'll be voting Labour in the council elections, though. The Greens have done nothing to deserve to keep their seats in this case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You're referring to Mike Weatherly who is stepping down. So, another Labour vote then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here