Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Other Sport] Brighton Marathon - 10th Year !! šŸƒ*ā™‚ļø

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Great to see quite a few Brighton shirts and managed to give a cheer to [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] (come on donā€™t be bashful, I hear you ran an excellent time).

Thanks [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] : good to see you doing a sterling job on the water station. I had a great day, and really enjoyed it - perfect conditions, great support, just fantastic.
I don't know about "excellent" (at least in NSC terms), but I came in with 3:57:24 which I was quite pleased with. Not a PB by any means, but much better than my disastrous attempt last September, and because of my advanced age it seems that it gives me "good for age" qualification for London and Boston, which is nice.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Thank you email just landed in my inbox from BM / Grounded Events, better late than never.
Nice and sincerely worded email...they got that piece of communication correct at least.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Thank you email just landed in my inbox from BM / Grounded Events, better late than never.
Nice and sincerely worded email...they got that piece of communication correct at least.

And a discount for 2023 entry - tempted?

Itā€™s actually on my birthday next year but I think Iā€™ll stick to the water station!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
And a discount for 2023 entry - tempted?

Itā€™s actually on my birthday next year but I think Iā€™ll stick to the water station!

Nice gesture to offer a discount but one marathon was enough for me. That marathon in 2011 killed me mentally and physically! Didn't help with temperatures of 20c on the day, my toes swelled up with the heat causing severe blisters, which ended up with me losing about 5-6 toe nails across both feet.
Big kudos for those who run the marathon each year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here